Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I pick up my 08 SE on Friday and I'm really excited. It is great to see that after reading through the threads about people with issues that they still love their trucks. Most of the issues I've found (brakes/bed/gear lube) have been on the older model trucks. I am wondering if anyone has put some miles on the 08 models and if they experience any of the same issues?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
almost 6k miles so far, and Nope.... none of the ones I had on my 04. I will tell you that mileage is worse. Could be blamed on WOT at 14MPH now instead of 40.

LOL

hope this helps ease your fears.. get some mod money saved up quick.

Reactions: GAtitan67

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think my MPG actually improved from the '05 to the '08. I got about 650 miles on a single tank of gas. Granted, I do have the 37 gallon tank and it was almost all highway driving. But that is about 18 MPG. I never got anywhere close to that on the '05.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BayStateSuks said:
I think my MPG actually improved from the '05 to the '08. I got about 650 miles on a single tank of gas. Granted, I do have the 37 gallon tank and it was almost all highway driving. But that is about 18 MPG. I never got anywhere close to that on the '05.
Yeah I was doing the math on the 37 gallon tank and was like WOW! My Bravada has a 14 gallon tank and I thought it was a lot to fill.

The good thing is that even with the 'poor' gas mpg (v8 truck :) ) getting to the land where I hunt will only be a quarter tank there and back. Hehehe That leaves plenty of gas for river crossings and driving through the clay mud!

·
Registered
201 Posts
only probelm i've had with my 08 is that one of the rear vents doesn't push any air, anyone experience this?

·
Registered
174 Posts
about 4 k on my titan. replaced my power steering rack with about 400 miles on the truck, it was not bad it would just groan when i parked it. other than that all good.

·
Registered
446 Posts
beermunk said:
Yeah I was doing the math on the 37 gallon tank and was like WOW! My Bravada has a 14 gallon tank and I thought it was a lot to fill.

The good thing is that even with the 'poor' gas mpg (v8 truck :) ) getting to the land where I hunt will only be a quarter tank there and back. Hehehe That leaves plenty of gas for river crossings and driving through the clay mud!
I have only had to fill the tank once so far, but it did seem like I was at the gas station for at least 10 minutes. I kept having to switch hands to keep the fuel flowing as my hand was getting tired holding the gas lever up (no way to keep it up with the gas pumps here in Mass. - too dangerous I guess). The $90+ tab to fill it hurt also!

·
Registered
61 Posts
the only problem i have, is that my rear sonar senors automaticlly shut off after the truck has been started. i showed the dealer, and they said they should be able to fix it, but so far i haven't got the time to bring it in. other than that my truck has been running fine. ooh yeah got a few rock chips on the bumper LOL, i know is not a issue, its just irritating seeing it when i wash my truck.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey, I have the groan also. I have 4500 miles on my 08 and that's the only issue so far. I need to call the dealer to get the groan taken care of. It doesn't happen all the time so I am expecting to get the following diagnosis from the dealer "could not duplicte customer's concern". Also, my 04 CC LE did not have the Tow Package and my 08 does (had to get it because of Nissan's "option bundling")...it takes some time to get used to the different shift points on the transmission and those god-awful (IMHO) big tow mirrors.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
giffordt said:
Hey, I have the groan also. I have 4500 miles on my 08 and that's the only issue so far. I need to call the dealer to get the groan taken care of. It doesn't happen all the time so I am expecting to get the following diagnosis from the dealer "could not duplicte customer's concern". Also, my 04 CC LE did not have the Tow Package and my 08 does (had to get it because of Nissan's "option bundling")...it takes some time to get used to the different shift points on the transmission and those god-awful (IMHO) big tow mirrors.
The size of the mirrors is borderline crazy but it's nice having a fisheye built in.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
giffordt said:
"God awful"? :huh: Are you kidding? These are the first mirrors on any vehicle that are actually USEFUL!!!! Give it time. Once you get them set right, and get used to them, you'll hate the lameass little weenie mirrors on every other vehicle on the planet! :lol:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I agree with BB. The Big tow mirrors are more functional than any other mirrors I have had on a vehicle. Keep in mind that you are driving a big a$$ truck and need lots of viewing angles for clearance, maneuvering into those little grocery store spots and then getting out of them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have 1500 miles on mine and its rear brakes hang up alittle and has the thump thump from the lift. Both really piss me off and will be going back to get fixed.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Almost 600 miles here on my 08 no problem at all!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not a real problem per se. But, a real annoying issue. The day after I purchased my 08 Titan SE CC, the rear left door was rattling when the radio was turned up past 10 on the volume dial.

Turns out, a bolt on the "window regulator" was only hanging on by 1 thread. The dealer fixed this on the spot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have almost 4k on mine and haven't noticed any problems yet....imho i didn't like the big tow mirrors, but when i found mine i saw the 1st set of big tow mirrors that weren't chrome [i think they look much better imo]....on the highway after like 2hrs, the AC stopped blowing really cold, but when i pressed the ac button it blew colder for a while on when it warmed back up i turned the ac back on and it was fine....maybe the condenser froze up a little or something?...but i love this truck....i have gotten 16.4 MPG overall sine i got it

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a strange clunking noise problem (low speeds over bumbs, turns) in the steering column with my 08 Titan CrewMax SE. First at 1700, 3800, 5500, and now at 7564. They replaced the power steering rack 3 times already with the third ordered from a different supplier from another part of the country to see if that resolved it. Now, this is the 4th time the noise has reoccured and I filed a report with Consumer Affairs (CA)(which btw, moves at glacier speed). The noise is progressively getting worse and it is making me feel very unsafe. It has taken CA 2 weeks and they still have not gotten copies of the related paper work from the dealership service department. For crying out load, the space shuttle can go up and come back in less than 2 weeks so I'm not sure why it's taking them so long. I am in the process of escalating the issue up the chain as high as it takes to get someone responsive on the case. Next steps will be to weigh Nissan's proposed options and if unacceptable, proceed with arbitration or lawyer who specializes in the lemon law. If Nissan does not take this seriously and they continue to delay, I will consider going to the press and do everything in my power to negatively impact sales. At this point of frustration and safety concern, I just want a full refund/buy back including coverage for expenses such as extended warranty payments etc. I will keep those who are interested posted on how things evolve. Designers/engineers at Nissan corporate seem to have fallen asleep at the wheel (literally) since this appears to be the last model in this generation. Not good for future sales at all. No wonder Tundra is making a big splash.

·
Registered
62 Posts
5600 miles and not a single issue. Okay, maybe one. The headrests have a tendency to creep up while driving. I just push it back down. Runs good, rides good, looks good. Overall, great truck! Everything works on mine as it should. Tows like a champ. Love the big mirrors. Would not hesitate to purchase another should something happen to this one.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts