Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I purchased my 2008 Nissan Titan a few months ago, none of the windows would roll up/down. The dealership promised to fix this but unfortunately they have not held up to there promise. I was told it was because the power to all windows ran through the master switch on the drivers side door. I've replaced that switch and all the windows now roll down but they go VERYYYY SLOOOOWWWLLLYYY .... but will not roll back up AT ALL via the switches. ALL windows are doing the same thing for the most part. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome!

I'm not mechanically inclined at all but I'm assuming it's probably not the window motors or anything like that because I seriously doubt ALL four of them are bad. Surely this is a power issue of some kind isn't it?

P.S. The rear power window that's operated by a completely different switch above the rear view mirror works perfectly fine.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Check your grounds. off the top of my head I am not sure which ground is used for that, but you can find it in the service manual for your truck if you do a little googling. There are three (maybe 2) grounds above where your left foot sets that may be a good place to start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your grounds. off the top of my head I am not sure which ground is used for that, but you can find it in the service manual for your truck if you do a little googling. There are three (maybe 2) grounds above where your left foot sets that may be a good place to start.
Thank you, I'll see what I can do. I've had several people tell me to lube the tracks but...... I just have a hard time believing all four tracks are causing this......

·
Registered
306 Posts
also, likely if one was going (like my current passenger front side) lubing the tracks help, but really its the motor and the brushes....or one part of the wire has snapped or fallen out the guides.

So getting that one open and cleaning the brushes will probably solve my problem, but give that you have this issue exactly the same in all the windows, it is unlikely that it is a physical problem like the tracks/guides or motors/brushes.

I am not an EE or have the wiring info at hand, I am not sure if the switches on each door use a different pathway or all go back to the IPDM and then goes from there....so I guess check the IPDM grounds too.

for shits and giggles, how do they act when using the switches on their respective doors?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also, likely if one was going (like my current passenger front side) lubing the tracks help, but really its the motor and the brushes....or one part of the wire has snapped or fallen out the guides.

So getting that one open and cleaning the brushes will probably solve my problem, but give that you have this issue exactly the same in all the windows, it is unlikely that it is a physical problem like the tracks/guides or motors/brushes.

I am not an EE or have the wiring info at hand, I am not sure if the switches on each door use a different pathway or all go back to the IPDM and then goes from there....so I guess check the IPDM grounds too.

for shits and giggles, how do they act when using the switches on their respective doors?
Good question! They act the exact same when using the respective switches in each door.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I recorded it for you! (see link below)
The driver side will roll down really slow (I didn't record it on video as it won't go back up at all).
Passenger side = Nothing.
Both Rear Windows = Goes down fine.. goes up but a little slow

VIDEO OF WINDOW ISSUES

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I recorded it for you! (see link below)
The driver side will roll down really slow (I didn't record it on video as it won't go back up at all).
Passenger side = Nothing.
Both Rear Windows = Goes down fine.. goes up but a little slow

VIDEO OF WINDOW ISSUES
To be honest the only one you actually did is pretty much normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be honest the only one you actually did is pretty much normal

It was in the video... I did it again after that and it took 20 seconds to roll up all the way, no joke. Passenger side doesn't move at all.... driver side won't roll back up at all in the front and back now.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
It was in the video... I did it again after that and it took 20 seconds to roll up all the way, no joke. Passenger side doesn't move at all.... driver side won't roll back up at all in the front and back now.
When you bought it did you get a car fax? Look under truck and take a door panel off and see if you can see any water lines like the truck was a flood truck sounds like you might have got bamboozled

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you bought it did you get a car fax? Look under truck and take a door panel off and see if you can see any water lines like the truck was a flood truck sounds like you might have got bamboozled

Clean CarFax, Clear Title... Good thought, though!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Removing the door panel is not that hard, just make sure you get all the screws. before my truck was mine, someone forget the middle screw and tore it out when they pulled off one of the panels.
from the comments:
"On my 04 there is a bolt up under the arm rest on the door. Also one more bolt near the door release. It is right left of the little plate shown in the video. You will need to pry the plate behind the door handle in order to expose this bolt."

IIRC it is 4 bolts.

Testing the motor:

you may have an easier time testing it in situ instead of pulling it out of the door to test it. but that depends on your 12v power sources.

also:
Part 1
Part 2

also:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts