Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all. I am currently needing to replace the clockspring in my 2008 Titan. My question is if there are other Nissan models that use the same clockspring? They are a little over $300 new and I was hoping I could pull one from a salvage yard if at all possible. None of my local yards have a Titan but they have several other cars and suvs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just went thru this my self.

If you have a steering angle sensor:

No steering angle sensor:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just replaced mine a couple weeks ago. I got it for $245 shipped from Coulter parts center in Arizona. It wasn’t cheap, but there wasn’t another option for OEM quality. It was the whole assembly, but it did fix it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just replaced mine a couple weeks ago. I got it for $245 shipped from Coulter parts center in Arizona. It wasn’t cheap, but there wasn’t another option for OEM quality. It was the whole assembly, but it did fix it.
I can tell you the second one I linked used OEM molds for most of the parts. Everything went together well and fit tight. A little to tight in some areas but it wasn’t to big of a deal.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I can tell you the second one I linked used OEM molds for most of the parts. Everything went together well and fit tight. A little to tight in some areas but it wasn’t to big of a deal.
I saw several parts similar to those, but the year range concerned me. It says it’s for 2006-2008, mines a 2009. I wasn’t sure what the difference is, so I decided to go genuine Nissan. That place also asks for your VIN, to verify fitment. As a bonus, I also got new wiper and turn signal stalks, since my old ones were worn.
I’m not saying those aren’t good options, I’m just defending my position lol.

·
Registered
Black 2008 Titan King Cab
7 Posts
I checked the online Nissan parts sites, and they all told me the clock spring for my 2008 XE was NLA [no longer available]. Did some further checking and discovered the one for the 370Z is the functional equivalent. I bought the truck in August 2020 and the horn stopped working within a month, It wasn't until January that the airbag light came on, and airbag light + horn = clock spring. I bought the part [new] off eBay for WAY under $100, and my local garage installed it for me. New part was identical with the old part. AIR BAG Spiral Cable Clock Spring For NISSAN Titan 2006 2007 2008 5.6L CSP6303 | eBay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts