Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008, driver, rear. Took rotor off and shoes completely warn, zero pad, and surface rusted. Drum in rotor pitted and rusted with 10 year old rust seems like. Shoes caked with rust and actually fused to back plate with rust. Doesnt make since? Passenger side was perfect when checked, but this side unbelievable. Michigan always has 10 times more rust driver side for some reason. any help appreciated . Cable?
Eye Automotive tire Tire Wood Wheel

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
You are very lucky. Your shoes delaminated and didn't cause a major explosion with axle/housing damage. Just start replacing parts with new and you should be fine. Cable is either junkyard or Nissan, I suspect, but check RockAuto, as well. If you want to replace the backing plate, you're removing the axle/seal/bearing assembly. Be careful so you don't have to replace the seal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Titan? More like Titanic. Brake cable broke at wheel. Trying to take off starting at wheel. First bracket bolt snapped like made of play doe. Third bracket so rusted, just broke off, not even enough metal left on bolt to put wrench on. These I can work around with zip ties and maybe sheet metal screws? But right near end cable, anchor for end, looks like mount has bolt coming down through floor, perhaps welded? That broke. Know idea how to fix that. Then head of cable wont come out of bracked, fused. I think just cut cable and have no parking break is only solution. The quality of bolts is 10% of any car ever worked on.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,860 Posts
Holy cow!! That is amazing, the rust in that pic. I live 1/3 - 1/4 mile from the ocean and I have never had a truck rust like that. And I surfed for years and drove in the water and parked at the dunes

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
401 Posts
Holy cow!! That is amazing, the rust in that pic. I live 1/3 - 1/4 mile from the ocean and I have never had a truck rust like that. And I surfed for years and drove in the water and parked at the dunes
Yeah and it almost looks like that thing caught fire at some point. That’s really bad

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just listed a bunch of rear end parts, including the e-brake cables. One of my cables has a moderate scuff through the outer plastic, but both seem functional.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts