Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys and gals I have had my 2008 nissan titan SE since june. I was one of the first in my area to get one. I ordered my truck and it took a few weeks to get to me, once I took delivery I noticed that the drivers info dash display did not do much. It told me if the door was open or if windshield washer fluid was low and that is it. Also on my auto dimming mirror the outside temp. would not display. My dealer after tryng to fix it and somehow removing 1200 miles off the odometer and gouging the dash up they told me that my truck just did not have that option.
So now 4 months later and countless phone calls threw the chain of command I got ahold of a guy in the executive dept. of Nissan and talked with him. After 10mins of talking he said he would look into it and call me back. 5mins later he did and toold me the engineers were working on the problem and would have a solution soon. Well it has been 1 week and I get a call today from the exec. rep and they have a fix. Ther is a new TSB. for the dash and temp display as of sept 29, 2007.

So if you have a 2008 se titan or above and the displays are not working correctly take it back to dealer and have them check the new TSB.

Sorry this was so long but I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
my 08 Titan SE CC has the dash display also, if you noticed on the bottom right of the cluster is a protruding plastic stem. push that to select different settings. once your on the setting you turn the knob to the left and right. you can set the oil change reminders rotation reminders, also set a warnign for icy conditions.You can even set it to see instant mpg and distance to empty. it took me awhile to use it right. hope this helps

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply but I know how it works. If you push the stem in all mine will display is windshield washer fluid ok, and if door is open. there were no more choices. It does not have the little arrows to indicate turning to choose other options. I understand that many can be incompitant but I am not. Not only me but the dealer, the nissan rep for my area,and the executive rep could not get it to work,that is why there is a service bulliten for it now. Nissan had to get engineers to figure out a solution.
I only posted this so others that may have been told that these options just did not come on the truck could go back to the dealer and now get it fixed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you have the TSB number I have this issue and my stealership is playing dumb!!!

Thanks for posting it!

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
zoegrandpa said:
Do you have the TSB number I have this issue and my stealership is playing dumb!!!

Thanks for posting it!
If there's any TSB it will show up here sooner or later. www.nissanhelp.com if it's too new it will probably not be posted yet.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Sweet fancy Moses. I even watched the DVD and could never get mine to work (what a waste of time that was). Time to call the dealer.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Interesting. I just found out my rear view mirror display does not switch between the compass and outside temp. My in dash info works fine though. I may have my first issue with the Titan.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi everybody, I have an 08 Titan CC LE with Nav, the drivers display only shows washer fluid level, and when a door is open, however after reading the manual, everything else that would have been in the drivers display can be done through the nav screen, tyre rotation schedule, oil replacement, MPG avg speed etc etc... and the outside temp is displayed on the top right corner of the nav screen.

Is it possible that some of the titans that this is not working on were programed for the navigation system and somewhere along the line they didn't get it ?

Yeah post number 2 :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Kind of makes you wonder if some were programmed with the wrong settings for a particular model type. The official TSB has not been made publicly available yet. Maybe in a few weeks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
mine only shows the washer fluid and doors open also. Mirror does not show temp either, but the compass part displays fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will get the tsb # as soon as I can. I will call the executive rep to get it if I have to, and post it up for you all.

Ya I understand the dealer playing dumb that is all mine has tried to do, but I kept pushing and I hopefully will have it fixed thursday when I go in to get the dealer for new parts. I took it in last wed. and they tested what they needed to according to the tsb and found some bad parts.

·
Registered
61 Posts
had my truck since june. dash display is working fine, mirror doesn't show temp (maybe i just don't know how to set it, also i nevered bother to check it), but compass works great. sorry to hear about your situation, but thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok I called my dealer this morning and had my service guy look up the TSB# for me. He said it is NTB 07-066 Try that and if that is incorrect I will call the executive rep. and get the right one, you never know the dealer may have given me some bs number.

·
Registered
25 Posts
weewane said:
ok I called my dealer this morning and had my service guy look up the TSB# for me. He said it is NTB 07-066 Try that and if that is incorrect I will call the executive rep. and get the right one, you never know the dealer may have given me some bs number.

Weewane, This is the correct TSB# my dealer found it right off read it to me over the phone. It onlly applies to 2008 SE with bench seat and column shift. The TSB makes no mention of the lack of temp in the rearview mirror were it belongs. The remedy is to replace the dash cluster or give the owner $400.00.
I challenged the dealer to see if they could just put in the NAV system instead that way I do not lose the actual odometer and I get the outside temp. I will let you know what they say he is calling corporate.

Thanks again for taking it to the Nissan headquarters:angel:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no problem and let me know what you find out cuz if they dont get mine fixed tommorow I may mention the same thing to the high ups.

·
Registered
25 Posts
weewane said:
no problem and let me know what you find out cuz if they dont get mine fixed tommorow I may mention the same thing to the high ups.
Ok, Dealer says that nav can only be installed at factory. The TSB will not change the mirror to the correct one with Temp The Dealer agrees with me that both the dash and the mirror should be replaced. He says that I need to go back to Nissan to get them to include the replacement of the mirror. Can you call the higher ups and see if they will add the mirror to the TSB that would be the right thing as all Titan SE without NAV has temp in the mirror.

Thanks

Zoegrandpa

·
Registered
446 Posts
Replace the cluster? Holy smokes batman! I am not sure I trust a tech. to rip out the entire dash, replace the cluster and put it back competently. Maybe I will take the $400 and get a Scangauge, some better speakers and a 12-pack. Scangauge should provide all the functions that the info. center is supposed to have. Better speakers are needed. And, no comment is required for the 12-pack.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I dont blame ya on not wanting them to tear into your dash. the dealer put in a new dash display for me allready and lost over 1200 miles on my Odometer, as well as gouged the dash up in multiple spots so they have to replace that as well.

I will let ya'll know how it works out tommorow

1 - 20 of 96 Posts