Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys. I heard this clunking when the truck was going over bumps. I looked at the top of the shock rod and there is a space about 1/2 inch. I looked at the parts the guy gave me back from the old strut assembly and the 4 rubber pieces are not installed!!!! SO, now what the hell should I do. Installed the units back into the truck, but can you unscrew the top nut and pull the washer out and install the rubber piece? I am in a pickle!!!

chris 04 titan

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

·
Registered
4,256 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just went to see them. they could not get the metal sleave over the new billstein treaded rod part. so they did not install the bushings. Did you install the billstein 5100 shock with the stock top mount plate? I wonder if billstein is supposed to give you bigger sleaves for the rubber bushing to fit onto. Or, do I need mount plates for a 2008 titan, not a 2004? But the monroe strut plates that I ordered new did not come with any of the bushings, just the metal.

thanks for help. I am stranded now. I may need to put the other old ones back on if this keeps up.

Chris

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Bottom washer is cupped down, top washer is cupped up.

Ive taken mine apart (just to fiddle with them) several times, and never had a problem with any of the components. The Bilstein struts should come with the strut, boot, metal bushing to secure the boot around the rod, lower bucket, adjustable clip and top washer and top nut. Everything else comes off of the stock assembly and should fit perfectly (Sleeve, bushings, top plate).

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so you use that supplied silver cupped washer after the boot and then the rubber. Now, does the metal sleeve in the rubber bushing get removed? ( the brass colored ones) Then the top plate, the rubber bushing, then what looks like the old metal washer from the OEM shock. is that still used but with the new nut?

Hey, what spring compressors did you use? because the ones I tried would not tighten those 2008 springs down good. too hard. reason I took them to someone. I borrowed some from a parts store that lends out tools.

anyhow, thanks.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts