Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm if the 08 armada lip fits the 08 Titan? Or if there is a lip on the 08 Armada? I was in the midst of ordering one to install on the my '08 and, the parts guy told me that there's no part number for the 08 Armada Lip. Can anyone confirm? Or can I get one from an 07 Armada and would it fit on the 08 Titan?

TIA

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had one on my 04 Titan and took it off to put on my new 08. It doesn't fit.:crying:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Well i dont know the answer to the question by while i was brainstorming i was thinking maybe an 07 armada would fit instead of the Armada 08 because the new Armadas have the different front end while the titans still have pretty much the same bumper wise except for the side covers (at least it looks the same) as the 07 armadas. Just a thought.

·
Registered
22 Posts
spoonman said:
Well i dont know the answer to the question by while i was brainstorming i was thinking maybe an 07 armada would fit instead of the Armada 08 because the new Armadas have the different front end while the titans still have pretty much the same bumper wise except for the side covers (at least it looks the same) as the 07 armadas. Just a thought.
There are several great threads on this mod and I have read all of them (I think). Like spoonman, I'm wanting to make this mod on an 08 but can't find a thread that tells me what yr Armada front dam would work. Does anyone have an answer?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed the Armada Spoiler on my '09 SE, CC today! It's a perfect fit!

I had to drill 8 holes, 4 per side, in the painted ends of the bumper. 6 of the holes are for the screws and 2 are for the alignment pins made into the spoiler. 5 holes are there from the factory in the chrome grill. It is a pretty simple install, just take your time and check the alignment several times.

I used a step drill to make the holes, it works much better than a plain drill bit. It is easier to start the hole and you can start small and work your way up to the right size.

If you want to use the factory hardware you will need:

Nut-J (clips) 01241-00671 Total of 9
Screw 01456-00421 Total of 11
Spolier 62822-7S000
(2 clips come in the ends of the spoiler)

I told the dealer it was for a '06 Armada.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a 2008 SE 2wd and was thinking about adding the same spoiler. Another member mentioned that he had about 9" of ground clearance. My truck appears to have about 14" of clearance to the bumper and I don't think the Armada spoiler is 5"?
I only have 5000 miles and have changed the oil and filter twice. I can slide under the bumper without jacking the truck and change the oil and filter. Has anyone that installed the Armada spoiler on a 2wd drive changed your oil and filter? If so can you do it without jacking up the truck? Any difference in highway mileage, even 0.5 mpg or is that just wishful thinking?

I'm glad to see that it appears to fit but do we have to order an 06 Armada spoiler for the 2008 SE?
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Chuckdriver and I both have done this. Follow our steps and part numbers, you will be having one nice looking spoiler.

Here are my part numbers with pictures. Follow the link..

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...ront-bumper-spoiler-2008-a-2.html#post1463176

Also, the other day I was traveling between 85-90mph and notice there wasn't any sluggish feel when swaying the truck around. Handled as it was going 55mph.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Sorry, do not mean to high-jack the thread, but has any one noticed the difference with the spoiler on at higher speeds? I was going 85-90mph and the handling felt as if it was like I was going 55mph.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts