Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...okay, so both the right and left back up lights wont light up. I assumed the obvious and have changed both of the 10 amp red fuses under the hood and have replaced both sets of bulbs after cleaning and brushing the light sockets for corrosion. Still no lights. The back up sensor still beeps and we have brake lights so it leads me to believe it may be another fuse somewhere. Perhaps one of the larger ones. Again, it's only the backup lights that have failed...suggestions?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had the same problem. The contacts on the bulbs had corrosion on them. New bulbs and some dielectric grease and it was good. Did you test for voltage?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just took some sand paper and electronic cleaner to them and they worked but when I wiggle the bulbs, they go off. Seems the actual connectors inside the sockets are worn out and the bulbs don't fit tight...at least I know what the deal is!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yeah those and the dang bed lights get moisture in them then corrode. You might have to unhook the battery to clean the socket good of rust. The bed lights don’t fit right I need to fix both mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
...okay, so both the right and left back up lights wont light up. I assumed the obvious and have changed both of the 10 amp red fuses under the hood and have replaced both sets of bulbs after cleaning and brushing the light sockets for corrosion. Still no lights. The back up sensor still beeps and we have brake lights so it leads me to believe it may be another fuse somewhere. Perhaps one of the larger ones. Again, it's only the backup lights that have failed...suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts