Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought this truck last week. Realization is dawning I should have done a deeper dive on the check and inspection.馃槙

As title says the Rear Turns/brake/flashers don't work. The front turns and dash indicator does a rapid flash like the bulbs are blown. I have replaced all bulbs.
The TAIL lights DO, but the turn/brake on both sides light dimly when tails are on. After I dropped the spare found a loom/harness with a bundle of wires cut and left with no tape or covering. Apparently the truck ORIGINALLY had a receiver hitch, tow/light harness AND Rear sonar system; ALL which are no longer on the truck. I believe that is what all the cut wires originally fed to.
The widow I bought it from has no clue why/when it was removed. I don't know if the 2 conditions are connected.

Any and ALL help and suggestions greatly appreciated. Except for "Take it to a Dealer" ! (n);):)

Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
partly sounds like you have a bad ground. the fast flash and dimly lit part leads me to think that. like someone said in another post, look above your exhaust for more messed up wires

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked wires near tail pipe. None burned. My mistake Tail and brake lights work. Front flash/turn are bright but fast. Rear turn/flash work but are dim & fast. Diagram shows common ground for all three. BOTH rear doing the same makes me wonder if it's a BCM issue??

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: Had been doing all checks/troubleshooting with park brake set and driver door open. Long story/short. Everything works fine as long as the door is closed and brake not set. Either or both triggers the fast blink and dim rear turn/flasher. Park brake also causes back up lights to go out and both turns to illuminate instead.

Registered
Just bought this truck last week. Realization is dawning I should have done a deeper dive on the check and inspection.馃槙

As title says the Rear Turns/brake/flashers don't work. The front turns and dash indicator does a rapid flash like the bulbs are blown. I have replaced all bulbs.
The TAIL lights DO, but the turn/brake on both sides light dimly when tails are on. After I dropped the spare found a loom/harness with a bundle of wires cut and left with no tape or covering. Apparently the truck ORIGINALLY had a receiver hitch, tow/light harness AND Rear sonar system; ALL which are no longer on the truck. I believe that is what all the cut wires originally fed to.
The widow I bought it from has no clue why/when it was removed. I don't know if the 2 conditions are connected.

Any and ALL help and suggestions greatly appreciated. Except for "Take it to a Dealer" ! (n);):)
I have 04 titan and I have no power to my tail lights but all fuses and delays are good I'm thinking a ground is off on the harness somewhere which sounds alot like your problems if anyone has any ideas please let me know by

Registered
The wire harness for all that stuff runs up to the right front wheel well. tucked in behind the plastic fender well below passenger door. There is a large connector there, with like 30 wires , u might check that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts