Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pictures of a 2008 Titan aftermarket radio install. I have seen the previous years, but the 2008 is different. I am interested in installing a dvd, nav, etc. type unit, but would like to get some input before doing so. I do not want to butcher a brand new truck, but the so called Rockford system sucks!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Seems like Dejavu. The kit from Metra doesn't come out until the end
of the month for the '08's. I believe some have fabbed their own kit though.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I believe you can make the system sound pretty good by just changing the head unit out. I like the look of the factory set up and don't want it to look bad by replacing it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm interested in this as well! I want to install my Alpine head unit.:ugh:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Does anyone know where to find one on the internet and for how much??

·
Registered
176 Posts
I can't wait to put in a double din touch screen :smokingco

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am thinking of the Alpine or Eclipse. Does anyone know if you will lose your steering wheel controls and bluetooth if you switch head units?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I really hope you don't lose your steering wheel controls with an aftermarket setup or I may end up selling off my Alpine head unit and adding the two MTX amps/Substitute with the MB Quart speakers/ and add my Bazooka sub to the Rockford Fosgate system.:eh:

·
Registered
53 Posts
yes you will lose the steering wheel controls. But you can buy a unit that gets programed and will make it so that the steering wheel controls will work. If I remember corectly they cost about 100-150 bucks. I think it is called a peripheall [sp].
I ran into the same problem on my 06' and am still waiting on a bezel for my 08 since june to install my stuff that has been siting in the garage collecting dust since I took it out of the 06'.
I have my own designed and built sub enclosure for 2 10's, jl zr series door speakers, jl 500/5 system amp, and a kenwood double din touch screen.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
weewane said:
yes you will lose the steering wheel controls. But you can buy a unit that gets programed and will make it so that the steering wheel controls will work. If I remember corectly they cost about 100-150 bucks. I think it is called a peripheall [sp].
I ran into the same problem on my 06' and am still waiting on a bezel for my 08 since june to install my stuff that has been siting in the garage collecting dust since I took it out of the 06'.
I have my own designed and built sub enclosure for 2 10's, jl zr series door speakers, jl 500/5 system amp, and a kenwood double din touch screen.
$70 at www.crutchfield.com

·
Registered
731 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts