Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry in advance if this has been answered a million times, but after some searching I did not find anything...so here goes:

I just got a new 2008 Titan Pro-4x that comes with 275/70-18s which are 33.15" tall on a 8"x20" wheel with a 6x5.5 Bolt Pattern and what seems to be a 23mm Offset. I am going to junk the crap OEM Rugged Trails for either some Nitto Terra Grapplers or Cooper STTs, but I just got a set of Silverado SS 20" wheels which are 8.5"x20" with the same 6x5.5 Bolt Pattern and 22 mm offset.

So...the wheels are basically the same but a 1/2" wider and 1 mm different offset...

My question is, Should I either get the Hankook Ventus ST-RH06 275/55-20s which are 31.9" tall or the 305/50-20s which are 32" tall. I realize the 305s are closer to the OEM height, but will the 305s stick out past the fenders or will they fit nicely? I realize they won't rub b/c they are shorter, but I don't want that stupid look where the tires stick out past the fenders.

Thanks so much in advance.:cheers:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I want to put 305/55-20 Nittos on my 2008 Titan 20s, but it's not clear whether they will clear everything. Clearances are tight on this truck.

Has anyone done this yet?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can anyone who knows anything help us? In other forums I'm in a question like this would be answered 10 times in a 1/2 hr so it would be appreciated by us if the experts would please chime in, thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Here is some help fellas::cheers:

What the SS wheels you have choosen a safe size would be a 285.55.20. they should fit without problems. the 305.55.20's might clear just fine but I would suggest test fitting. The only problem area you might have and I stress "might" would be at full lock when turning right and left. Terra Grapplers are a great tire and would be an excelent choice. I would also suggest BFG AT KO's or Cooper Zeon LTZ's. in either size. Here is a helpfull link that shows all the upgraded sizes that are relatively easy to put on your 2008 Titan. (relatively because offset is always a contributing factor

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/assignTireVehicle.do?yr=2008&mk=NISSAN&vid=011810

*note BFG has a $50 rebate I see. :)

As for anyone else that want to fit a 305.55.20 aim for a 20x9 or 20x9.5 with an offset in the range of 18mm *** Always test fit when upsizing.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Go with 305/55/20s!!! You'll be glad you did, 92TripleBlack has been running them w/o any fitment issues that I have seen. I'm running 325/60-18s which pan out to the same size but a tiny bit wider and I love them. Most 33's will fit on stock height with stock offset. 35's will require a leveling kit.

Here's mine with the PRG Mini-Lift although the lift is not required.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I haven't seen any either, I've been really curious about them as well but I didn't want to fork out an extra $100/tire just to see what they look like. $1030.00 was pricey enough for me the way it is. :D I'll look around as soon as maintenance is done on the other sites.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Found one with a 4" Fabtech. Still looking for one w/ the 2" Leveling Kit. This is RedTitanLE's from CT before she traded it in for a Tundra.

http://mightytitans.boardnation.com/index.php?topic=720.msg16531#msg16531

Here's her specs:

2WD King Cab:

4 inch CST spindles
Donohoe Racing coilovers
Bilstein rear shocks
Deaver mini pack
2 inch tapered Fabtech blocks
Nitto Mud Grapplers 35x12.5x18
Moto Metal 951s 18x9 4.5 bs

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice work Pops!:cheers: Awesome find. I know a few people on here will be happy to see, do you know if the guy is a member of TT?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
TravisDTD said:
Nice work Pops!:cheers: Awesome find. I know a few people on here will be happy to see, do you know if the guy is a member of TT?
I can't find him over here. Do you want me to send him a PM and ask him if he could signup and provide more info here??

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey guys,
Sorry Pops I just read the PM on the other titan forum. Yes I have 35" Cooper STT with only a PRG leveling kit. It is an 05 4x4. I did have to do the pinch weld mod. I cut my stock mud flaps to work. I use to have pictures of a few other Titans with 35s and a leveling kit, I will look for them. I have put 5000 miles on the truck since adding the tires and leveling kit. I have noticed a decrease in take off speed. If you want to spin you can, but tires are too expensive. It has rubbed while turning and compressing the suspension fast- like hitting a curb pulling into a business off of a busy street. I have had no other problems. I got 14-15 mpg before and I get the same now. If you have any other questions I will try to help.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the 2008 Nissan Titan with 18in rims, what's the correct specs I need to run a 17in custom rim. Im having Walker Evans do them..I know I have caliper issues cause the 08's bigger breaks, I know 17in rims can be done, just need specs-(backspacing,Hub Centric-Yes or No,and Offsetting size,)..any word would be great if anyone has done this..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts