Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to tt, i have a 2008 XE , planning on adding a magnaflow system, question is: will the torque suffer if I add the dual system?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Our stock exhaust is already pretty good. You really only need to replace the muffler itself. 2in/1out. I just put in a Magnaflow 18" and love it.

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I have the Magnaflow 15848- single side tip. I was not interested in going with the dual rear exit because of the following A- fitment issues around the trailer hitch, B- the exhaust note bouncing off the front of the trailer when towing.

I have had mine on for about a week, and just love it!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Titan1080 said:

usa1x said:
THE AWSOME EXHAUST THREAD!!!!!
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:10 am
Post subject: My exhaust findings!

2) Maganflow catback single exit provided the best gain period with the STOCK titan. The numbers on the website of 18 and 22 were factual peak to peak numbers. Not a play on numbers like many manufacturers do and show how much you gained at a certain rpm when you actually gained on 2 or 3 peak horsies. One odd thing that needs to be realized with this set up is it uses the STOCK Y-PIPE. I tried this set up with a custom 3 1/2" Y-pipe and lost a lot of torque. drone once again, is pretty noticeable at speeds mentioned above.

So one conclusion that I was able to come to is that the 5.6 loves back pressure. That is where the low end torque comes from as does the max torque. It is funny that the 3 systems that produced the best numbers (hp and torque) used the smallest diameter Y-pipe and 2 of those were with the STOCK Y-PIPE and the other has the same diamter as the stock y-pipe. The dual systems lost speed in the lower range (below 40 mph) and I am convinced that is because of the minimal torque gains and I believe loss of back pressure. So if you want pure sound, the duals are the way to go. But if you want performance, the single exits with the smaller Y-pipe proved to be the best.
Wow, thanks for the link! I had not seen that before, I'm feeling even happier about my decision to put the Magnaflow cat-back on my '05 Big Tow now!!!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
that site is a tiny confusing only because i have no clue what size i would need for an 08 xe. i see 18" posted above me but no 2/1 in/out and is 18" overall? thanks man

·
Registered
287 Posts
Use the Magnaflow website to figure out what you want(remember that their straight though mufflers are reversible) then go to hottexhaust for some of the best prices.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have the 22" and love it. The 18" would be too loud IMHO, but many here have & like it as well.

Be sure the shop that installs it welds a hanger to the back of the Magnaflow. The stock muffler has a welded hanger that cannot be taken off & reused.

I got mine at a local Magnaflow dealer, cost a few $$ more, but they did a great install for just $170. That was the muffler, moding the pipe and fabing a hanger - everything welded, not clamped.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the 18" 12258 dual in/single out on an 07. It sounds much better and just at idle is not loud. Actually at wot is not that loud either.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have the whole system{Magna Flows} dual exhaust with stainless tips.Man it make a differents.it's really a Monster now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts