Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is off of Edmunds web site...Figured I'd post for people who were wondering what they are running. 15.6 isnt to shabby for a stock truck but I believe the titans are around that arent they?
Performance
0 - 30 (sec)
0 - 45 (sec)
0 - 60 (sec)
0 - 75 (sec)
1/4 Mile (sec @ mph)
15.6 @ 87.7
0-60 with 1-ft Rollout (sec)
30 - 0 (ft)
60 - 0 (ft)
Braking Rating
Poor
Slalom (mph)
Skid Pad Leteral acceleration (g)
Handling Rating
Average
Db @ Idle
Db @ Full Throttle
Db @ 70 mph Cruise

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
I think a stock titan is 15.4 IIRC.

I thought I heard somewhere the new Ram runs a 15.9. Well either way, still pretty good

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
they look nice as hell, but still wouldn't buy one.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
i love the new front end... Really hate that you have no option besides dual exhaust straight out the back.

I personally dont like that look at all.. to be stuck with that from the factory would piss me off lol

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i love the new front end... Really hate that you have no option besides dual exhaust straight out the back.

I personally dont like that look at all.. to be stuck with that from the factory would piss me off lol
imagine if someone rear ended you, not only do you have to replace the bumper which could be an easy DIY, you gotta get a new exhaust system too.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
I've looked at the newer Dodges, and I don't think they're all that bad.

An IPT trans for them is only $2500!!! :eyebrow:

·
Registered
3,655 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
87.7 MPh in the 1/4 is slower than a Titan. Titans usually cross at around 89 mph stock, maybe some 88 mph passes in horrible weather. Lets see those tests with the RCSB. I hear they can run a 14.1 stock
Thats comparing apples to oranges..

A single cab hemi ram vs a king cab or crew cab titan is a ridiculous matchup.. much less weight and more power.. we would be asking to get our *** handed to us on a silver platter..

Dont get me wrong, i have played with a couple 02-06 hemi single cabs before and it was all gravy.. I put a bus length on him with ease.

Even after all is said and done, our trucks are more american than theirs are lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
My parents bought a new ram 1500. It is pretty nice. And it is pretty fast, it felt like it'd compare pretty well to a stock titan, but I don't like the transmission as much as ours. It takes more time to downshift, and sometimes it doesn't drop into as low of a gear as it could, so you end up bogging down a bit trying to pass people at certain speeds. At WOT from a standstill this wouldn't matter, but as far as everyday driving it can be fairly annoying.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Thats comparing apples to oranges..

A single cab hemi ram vs a king cab or crew cab titan is a ridiculous matchup.. much less weight and more power.. we would be asking to get our *** handed to us on a silver platter..

Dont get me wrong, i have played with a couple 02-06 hemi single cabs before and it was all gravy.. I put a bus length on him with ease.

Even after all is said and done, our trucks are more american than theirs are lol

I dont know about that. I dont know how much the RCSB weighs, but my truck only weighs 4750 LBS, I bet they weigh around the same? I'll go look now

OK here is how much a 4.7 L Reg cab weighs: -
Weights: gross vehicle weight rating (lbs) 6,350, curb weight (lbs) 5,078....so its not apples to oranges, as my truck and quit a few other Titans around here weigh 5000LBS or less. Heck an 08 Crew Cab who runs with us weighs 4780 and Pinoytitans SE KC weighs 4780 also. Seems pretty fair to me...And I would think a 5.7 would be heavier, but I could be wrong about that

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
0five, I think that scale you guys use is not calibrated. I can see you two weighing in at around 4950-5000# with drivers, but 4750# doesn't sound right.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Wow, you guys have some lightweight trucks..

Mine is 5600 lbs. without me in it.....Hmmmmmm.....

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
0five, I think that scale you guys use is not calibrated. I can see you two weighing in at around 4950-5000# with drivers, but 4750# doesn't sound right.
I wasnt in the truck. I didnt think it was calibrated either, but some other who have used different scales said it was. But it would make sense, I dont know how my truck would weigh as much as a Frontier lol

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I cant seem to find the actual weight of a RCSB R/T hemi. What I posted I think was for a Long bed 4.7 RC. If someone can find it please post it. But I wasnt trying to compare the 2 with my first post. I said MPH was slower than a Titan yes. But this is a Ram track test thread, and I was saying TRY THE TRACK TEST on a RCSB Hemi, cause thats what I wanna see.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an 05 CC titan and mine was 5040 pounds at Speed World in Bithlo with out me in it... the hemi should be faster than that

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Damn.........I feel like a lardass........lol. Mine weighs 5400 with me and a full tank give or take 20lbs. And I only weigh 165!! I agree......either Mopar is blowing up their new "HEMI" or Nissan is seriously underrating theirs. My truck goes 0-60 in 6.8 with a best 1/4 of 15.08 @ 96 mph

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Adamdude's nut swinging response in 3...2...1....
:rofl:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts