Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
for 70k that would be an awsome car, I am very impressed on the looks , I hope it makes it , I am kinda surprised it isn't going to infinity instead of nissan .

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's on the cover of MT and I read the article on it at the store the other night, heh. That car is KICK ***!! Turbo Carrera's are shaking in their treads right now.
I didn't know this about the new GTR before, but the gear box is out towards the rear. They call it premium midships (I think premium was the word, or like it), not like the front midships of the 350Z & G35c. The ****pit is amazing & packed with high tech info centers with pages & pages of data you can view. Awesome!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Very nice can't wait to take a first hand look.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yea, it is supposed to be extremely well put together. I have read some articles on it and all were very impressed with it. I will probably wait a couple years and let the depreciation set in then try to buy an 09. :) if i can find someone willing to part with it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes I just received my Car & Driver issue profiling the new GTR; Bad A$$ IMO. If it performs as promised it will be one a heck of a car for the price. According to the #'s it's quicker than a Z06 & even the new 600 hp Viper. Even though the Z06 is still cheaper and considered a bargain Super Car it lacks have the sophistication of the Skyline.

Nissan even claims their engineers made the ECU tamper proof but you know somebody will crack the code to newfound power.

Santa...I'll take a black one :jester:.

·
Registered
210 Posts
From what I hear my local dealer might be buying one....

I talked to him about it and since I have bought 2 vehicles from him and am responsible for about 25 other referrals, I will get to drive it if he ends up getting it...

I'll let you guys know how it is!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I read 0-60 in 3.5 seconds

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Still waiting.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I just read the write up in motor trend on this car. All I can say hear is holy crap that is a nice car. It goes to show you what Nissan is capable of when they put their minds to it. Let's hope this gives us an indication of where they will be going with the Titan. They aimed for the top with this car and it sounds like they hit it smack dead on. Now they need to do the same with their plans for the redesigned Titan.

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts
I like it alot but I feel that it fails to meet up to the spirit of the old Skyline GT-Rs. Well, if you could buy a Skyline back in the day, it would 1) be a lot cheaper and 2) for the price difference between the old Skyline and the new GT-R, you could mod the heck out of the Skyline and get considerable more power than the new GT-R. My .02, would definitely get one if I had the cash, but I'll probably wait as well until they're cheaper, or someone wants to sell a used one, and definitely someone will have to figure out how to crack the ECU, that's BS that Nissan would pull that crap considering the history of the very moddable Skylines.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts