Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, we do custom headlight fabrications to all sorts of vehicles, mainly on entry and high end luxury cars. We are known for creating the "Iron-Man" LED modification for the Infiniti G37 headlights, so we're very experience in the headlight field when it comes to opening them up and incorporating new and unique ideas for form AND function.

With that being said, one of our affiliated companies (D2Forged) has a 2011 Nissan Titan they are working on. The entire truck is blacked out and the only missing piece is the headlights.

After reading up on this forum (which by the way is very informing), we came to a conclusion that opening these headlights wouldn't be an issue. Little did we know, most of the headlights you guys opened up were 08 and older.

Now, I just wanted to confirm a few things.

Are the headlights from 04 to 11 the same shape? Would it be a direct swap?

Can you confirm that 04-08 headlights can DEFINITELY be baked open

Has anyone tried opening aftermarket OEM style headlights? How's the quality? (we worked on a few, it's a hit or miss depending on the vehicle model).

To those with 04-09's... please post what brand stamp you see on the bottom of the headlight lens. The 2010/11 lens is stamped by NISSAN Visteon. I know that from 08+, Nissan started to use a cheaper headlight manufacture, the headlights are no longer made by Ichiko, but instead some cheap factory that permanently seals the headlights with silicone which melts at far greater temperatures than regular headlight seal does, the headlight will melt before the silicone even gets soft.

Please give us any input you have, and I will do my best to update you on the work we can offer for the Titans and if theres good enough interest, we would love to become a sponsor/vendor for this forum. Judging by the size of these headlights, I'm positive I can retrofit G37 projectors with Iron-Man LED's into these headlights. :)

Here's the Titan project D2Forged is working on:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
yes you do bake them in the oven to melt the gasket that seals them. I 've done it to my 08 headlights which are the same for 08-11.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
And to answer your question about the headlights being the same shape as the older titans, Yes they are, and you could do a direct swap if you wanted.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'm in! I've been waiting for someone to do this. I would buy the ANZOs, but I want the orange reflectors tinted. I haven't read anything bad about ANZO on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
To the OP: I would suggest buying 08 headlights then blacking those out. I want 08 headlights, but I am going to have to wait.

·
Registered
899 Posts
The G37 Headlights look awesome. I'm a big fan of the Audi style LEDs.

·
Premium Member
20,942 Posts
I have a set of '08 headlights sitting in my shed waiting for me to get off my butt and send them off for the headlight mod. As I recall they do say Visteon on the bottom. If you want measurements to compare '08 to '11 let me know and I'll do that.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
that truck needs a leveling kit asap. Dont drop it as its a pro4x. And tint the windows. and tint the tails...just cause its paint is black doesnt make it blacked out lol. like already said though, lights are all the same through the years, and they all can be baked to open.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
04-11 are the same shape and size and are interchangeable

I just opened up a set of 2010's using the same process as 04-08 lights

How much do you charge to retro fit some projectors?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I'm in for the mod. let us know when you might offer this. I have a pair of 11's sitting here. Also I have some anzo aftermarkets and noticed recently a little fogging after 2 yrs of owning them so I checked the seal and noticed parts of it gone like it dried up and cracked all the way around(its alwways garage kept too). I was going to go ahead take them apart since the sealis gone and finish blacking them out by using flat black reflector tape where the orange is. I saw this mod on a subie forum. Its flat blk until headlights hit it then it reflects bright white. This way your all blk'd and still in compliance.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Like Posted before, 2004 headlights bolt into a 2011 and 2011 headlights bolt in to a 2004.

PM me a price on the G37 mod, i have a set of 06 lights already taken apart.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FYI guys... they DO NOT OPEN, they are sealed with hard like silicone that doesn't melt so they probably changed them for 2011. As far as I can tell, the inner bezel on the 08-11 headlights is different from the 04-07 which have more detail in them, I actually like them more. So the 04-07 headlights should bolt right up and line up with all the 2010/11 parts no problem right?

I'm going to pick up a set of 04-07 headlights and bake those open, once I get them open I'll see how much room I have to play with exactly and I'll update you guys.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
as far as i know the oem sealant doesnt melt on any of them, it just softens up for a short amount of time.

As mentioned before the 08+ Lights have a different styling (Better imo) than the previous years

Yes, 04-07 will bolt right up, i have a set of 08 on my 05 truck

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'd like a set with the Audi style LEDs and blacked out. I like it the best when LEDs are run in a straight line along the bottom like the S5.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's crazy. I've opened, painted, installed halos, retrofit projectors, etc into MANY pairs of Titan headlights and I've never ran into this problem. However, I am yet to open a pair of 2011. A majority of my business is installing LED halos in vehicle headlights and I have NEVER come across a pair of headlights with a seal as you're describing. Granted their are certain fog lights you have to cut open with a band saw to put halos in, but never ran into that problem with headlights. I wish you the best of your luck with your troubles though. From looking at the pictures of that Titan, PERSONALLY I would VHT or just go ahead and paint the headlights.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I did the headlight mod to my 2010 headlights and they opened just fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

1 - 20 of 25 Posts