Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2010 Titan SE CC 4X4 BED is not level with the cab when you look at it from the rear. If you line up the top of the tailgate to the rear window weather stripping it's higher on the left side of the truck. I've checked it on several flat locations. What could that be? I only have 700 miles on it. I guess the dealer will have to look at it on the first free oil change at 3k.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
i had my dealer look at mine as well. They couldn't fix it, or know what it was, but sent me to a body shop... took to body shops-- no clue... left as-is. Had it inspected at 4wheel parts-- all was "normal"... Had them lift it higher, problem seems to have mostly corrected itself. Guessing leaf springs weren't even or something...?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had my dealer look at mine as well. They couldn't fix it, or know what it was, but sent me to a body shop... took to body shops-- no clue... left as-is. Had it inspected at 4wheel parts-- all was "normal"... Had them lift it higher, problem seems to have mostly corrected itself. Guessing leaf springs weren't even or something...?

When you say you had them lift it was it a lift kit?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Had 3" blocks I believe in the back for the 6" lift. Had a minor accident and bed sat weird. Nobody could figure it out. Under the extendd warranty, they lifted the truck higher both front and rear. Seems to look lined up now.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm bringing it to the dealership tomorrow. I can't see anything wrong underneath. I can put the level on the tailgate or back of the bed and it shows it's high on the left side. When I put the level on the cab it's level. no marks underneath to suggest it has frame damage, and springs, shackles, and mounts all look good. Hope they find something easy.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got my truck back today, and the dealership told me a couple of tech's verified the crooked bed. They said it was the truck body that needed to be shimened. I looked at it and it still isn't right. I checked out the truck when I got home and I can see where they used 1 large washer uned the left front body mount. Looks to me like to me it needs about four more. I neede the truck so I took it home. Maybe I'm being to critical. I am going to bring it back when they do the first oil change at 3000 mi, and have them add more shims I guess.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
parked my truck in the garage which has a level floor and took some measurements myself. I find the left rear spring hanger, left rear shock mount, and every thing else I measured on the left side from about the front of the truck bed is higher than the right side by 7/16". WTF.:redblob"

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I told you. Gas tank reasons.

I'd love to beleive that, but my tank is full and the left side of the truck looking from the rear is still higher. The fuel tank is on the left side. Unless the engineers didn't compensate spring rates when they dis-continued the 37 gallon gas tanks. Is that what your talking about. It's bugging the heck out of me. I know the dealership will just take the truck and come up with some lame explanation. Maybe I should just chill out. I love this truck, and plan on having it a long time.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Nissan corporate considers a 1/2" lean within tolerance. I think my Titan was is one of the few produced that has no noticeable lean or body/bed misalignment. In the past, I disagreed with a few forum members about the gas tank theory. I had some old tape measure pics from various spots, but lost them when my computer crashed a couple years ago.

Reactions: Dasmoeturhead

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nissan corporate considers a 1/2" lean within tolerance. I think my Titan was is one of the few produced that has no noticeable lean or body/bed misalignment. In the past, I disagreed with a few forum members about the gas tank theory. I had some old tape measure pics from various spots, but lost them when my computer crashed a couple years ago.

Sudden urge, thanks a bunch for that info. Just wanted to confirm that nothing major was wrong with my new baby. I guess I can expect a full nights sleep now. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts