Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to leave, doors auto locked fine. When I got home wife’s passenger door would not unlock with remote or by pressing unlock switches. What do I do?

·
Registered
965 Posts
If you want to DIY, you'll need to figure out how to remove the PS door panel and check the door actuator and lock. Otherwise, you'll need to take it to a Nissan tech.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want to DIY, you'll need to figure out how to remove the PS door panel and check the door actuator and lock. Otherwise, you'll need to take it to a Nissan tech.
I can’t get the door open to remove the door panel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can’t open that door with a key . You can open the other 3 doors but that one on passenger side won’t open. You can hear movement from the auto door lock and the little latch will move in out of lock & unlock when you hit the open or close button.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Not sure why, but that door had the latch disconnected from the lock mechanism. You're going to need a dealership tech to get in without tearing into the door panel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure why, but that door had the latch disconnected from the lock mechanism. You're going to need a dealership tech to get in without tearing into the door panel.
There has to be someway to get it open. would door tools open it?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Nissan built these trucks to be pretty theft-proof and when the latching mechanism is disconnected from the lock, it's tough to DIY. That's why there's nobody else eager to respond to this thread. The other option is to call a locksmith and see what he charges.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Carried it to the Nissan Dealer. I left it with them all day and they called about 5pm and said I could come get it. I told them I was 45 miles away so I would pick it up Saturday morning. I ask how much it was and he said $241.60. I also ask what they found and he said the lock was corroded and they had to grease the hinges. I didn’t question him I just said ok I’ll be there tomorrow. I picked it up this morning, open the door and put paper work on seat and paid up and left for Tractor Supply. Pull into parking lot and something struck me to test the door before I left town. I locked and unlocked all doors, got out and went around to passenger side and door won’t open. I went back to dealership and told them they didn’t put enough greas in the hinges. They want me to bring it back next week. I have lost 2 days On the farm work fooling with them. If they get it fixed next week it will be the last time a dealership of any kind does any diagnostic work for me. I have always done my on work but at 73 I thought I would let the professionals do it, but not any more.😣

·
Registered
8 Posts
I forgot to mention how they gave me a sheet of what I needed to do to the truck. I never knew it was in such bad shape. $5712 worth of stuff. Battery, Battery cable end, brakes down to 4 ml, brake fluid burned out, catalyst converter, flush transmission, radiator, change belts and I forget the rest. I just want my door unlocked and where I can use it.

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
168 Posts
Yep... That's why we all call them "stealerships." I hope they come through with a fix that lasts you longer than an hour!

·
Registered
8 Posts
They had to be away to get that door open. I mean they did it. If I could get it open I know I could have fixed it right. I was opening that when they did it that I was through with them. I’ll be driven over 360 miles with 2 vehicles to get it fixed. if they get it right this next time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well when a got to the “stealership” this evening we all got off on the wrong foot. I drove 2 vehicles over 45 miles one way Total of 90 miles, to hear, we were going to call you later this evening because we have to order the latch to fix it. I should have call them before I came. I told them don’t start that crap with me because I did call this morning about 9:30am and the girl I got in service said they would be glad to look at it in the morning if I could leave it this evening. I told her I would be there around 4:30-5:00pm. She said that would be fine because they were there until 6:00pm. The guys in service said I should have called and made an appointment before I came over. Then it got heated up. I did call and make an appointment for this evening. They said that girl was at a parter dealership and didn’t call them. It was their phone number I said, but they replied that’s happens a lot. They inform me that if I had call them , they would have told me that I didn’t have to bring it in until they got the part ordered. Somehow one of them said they would have to get the price of the part before they would know what it would cost. I said cost? Saturday you said it wouldn’t cost nothing because it was working, now they claim that it would be labor and parts for $1250 . I said are you crazy? They said that was for all 4 doors. I said I don’t want all 4 doors, just the one that won’t open. Oh, in that case it would be Apx $300 for that door. I said but I already given you $211.41 to fix it but it doesn’t work. The reply I got was the mechanic thought it was ok but if that didn’t work he would replace the locking mechanism. That’s what I told them it need when we started. Needless to say I drove it back home with a Door that’s still locked. Now I learned a $200 plus lesson. Leave STEALERSHIPS alone. Lesson learned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts