Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm closing in on my first oil change I was woundering what oil is the best to use to get the most mph and protection should I use stnethic and what weight it call for 5w30 I live in South Carolina average temp is 90 to 95 degrees there a sticker for 5w30 bp visco never heard of the oil is it cheap or a good brand to stick to any insite is very appreciated

·
Super Moderator
93,641 Posts
do you know what oil was used in the past? How many miles are currently on the odometer?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No clue there are service records in the truck but no oil brand the sticker says bp visco oil at 91000 miles on the window. I currently have 94000 miles on the truck

·
Super Moderator
93,641 Posts
Oil opinions are like (insert body part here), everyone has one and they are all probably different. If it was my truck I'd probably stick with regular dino if I didn't know what was in it before. 5w-30 is a great weight to use, and stick with a good name brand like Castrol or something similar.

·
Super Moderator
93,641 Posts
If you go synthetic then Mobil 1 is a good choice.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
I've used Mobile 1 5w30 since about 500 miles on my truck

·
Registered
3,233 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I've got 158,000 miles on my '07 and have used Mobil 1 5w30 since the first oil change (I change every 3,750 miles...yes, overkill, I know!). I also use the Mobil 1 M1-110 filter. I recently had to have the valve timing solenoids replaced and my mechanic said when he took the valve covers off, the engine looked brand new inside. So I guess I'd recommend Mobil 1.

Reactions: bender2

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I'm using Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W30 for the Titan. I'd like to use 0W30 but it's not recommended for the flex fuel version from what I heard.

·
Premium Member
58,579 Posts
I'm closing in on my first oil change I was woundering what oil is the best to use to get the most mph and protection should I use stnethic and what weight it call for 5w30 I live in South Carolina average temp is 90 to 95 degrees there a sticker for 5w30 bp visco never heard of the oil is it cheap or a good brand to stick to any insite is very appreciated

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
so far our Titan is less noisey with the newer OEM filters and Amsoil XL series or Valvoline Synpower.

now the frontier on the other hand likes the CarQuest (made by wix) premium filter with XL or Valvoline as well. That truck is noticeably quieter upon start up.

so pick a quality filter, and a quality oil that won`t break the bank and be happy!:cheers:

there really is no wrong off the shelf oil or filter (besides the orange can Fram). you`d be surprised what people run in their cars/trucks without any issues. it`s usually human error that causes damage, otherwise do something that makes you comfortable. follow a oil service schedule and ride on!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What oil filter do y'all recommend? do they make a xl filter for the truck or just a regular bosh or fram ultra synthetic or high mileage would be just fine?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
If you went with the Mobil 1 might as well go with the M1-110 filter they have. Yeah it's small (OEM size), but I haven't had any issues with it and the truck's been run anywhere from 10-110 degree weather.

I personally run Mobil 1 full synthetic and the M1-110 filter that they guarantee 15k miles out of, but I change it every 10k.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Same here, Mobile 1 filter, mine hit temps of -30 to over 100, change it about every 8-10k.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts