Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took my 2010 PRO-4X in for sever brake judder at 15k miles. Dealer found rotors were warped and not serviceable. Replaced rotors. After 300 miles I noticed that I had inconsistent rotor wear on the new rotors (some spots the pads were not even touching the rotor) and found that the dealer left the old brake pads on my calipers. Showed the service director this morning and he could not see anything wrong. Told me the pads needed to wear in more. After some (heated) discussion he told me I was being not being very "friendly" and I let him know that I was not there to be friends. Had to leave before I got ugly.

I attached a pic that shows the outside edge of the pads is not even contacting the rotor and inside edge if you look carefully has the edge of the pad wearing and rolling inwards where the contact is greatest.

Anyone work for a Nissan dealership? If so, any policy on used pads on new rotors? Should I persure with Nissan USA corporate or just buy new pads and write it off as another Nissan experience?

I'm also dealing with my tires which at 15K have significant cracks and splits between the treads. BFGoodrich will warranty at 50% credit for new purchase. Dealership washed any their hands of the tire issue even though they used 2008 tires on my 2010.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
That is a heavy front end in the pic.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone 4S app.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
The BF Goodrich Ragged Trails are junk. You will be lucky to get 20,000 miles out of them. They are P-Rated tires on a full size truck. There shouldn't be a 1/2 ton truck out there ever sold with P-rated tires but they do it anyway to keep costs down when buying the vehicle new. LT tires should be standard on all 1/2 ton trucks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a quick update. I called the 1-800-NISSAN1 number and expressed my displeasure with the dealership putting my used brake pads back on my new rotors. They agreed to cover new pads. Took the truck to a different dealership and showed them the rear rotor that after 350 miles still did not have full contact on the rotor. They still needed to inspect the brake pads before final authorization to replace them (as if putting used pads on new rotors was not enough justification).

Asthe hundreds of other parts on the truck that Nissan does not manufacture, far as the tire cracking issue Nissan will not warranty the tires because "They are not the manufacture of the tires". Not sure why tires are any different than but yet covers under warranty? I like my Titan, but the service and support Nissan provides has been poor.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
No new car manufacturer, to my knowledge, covers tires. You should have a conversation with the BFG rep who services your Nissan dealership. BFG handles the tire warranty and they may make it right for you. Depends on how well you are able to finesse them. Tire warrantys are slippery documents, for sure. But it's not a Nissan issue as far as not covering the tires. That's universal. Had the same issue on some egg-shaped badyears on a dodge ram POS I owned prior to the T.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No new car manufacturer, to my knowledge, covers tires. You should have a conversation with the BFG rep who services your Nissan dealership. BFG handles the tire warranty and they may make it right for you. Depends on how well you are able to finesse them. Tire warrantys are slippery documents, for sure. But it's not a Nissan issue as far as not covering the tires. That's universal. Had the same issue on some egg-shaped badyears on a dodge ram POS I owned prior to the T.
I agree with your point, however what rubs me wrong is that BFGoodrich will give me a 50% credit towards new tires. They would cover a higher percentage if my tires were not already 4 years old. Tires were manufactured in 2008 and put on my 2010 Titan. So right off the lot my tire warranty was already diminished. If the Nissan had offered to cover the mounting and balancing of the new tires that would have gone a long ways to making this "right". At 15K miles I should not be dealing with brakes or tire issues.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I'd escalate the issue with BFG and Nissan. Explain that you bought the truck in 2012 or 2011 or whatever, and that your warranty should be based on the "in-service" date. If you can't get traction with the local rep, go up the chain. Keep going up until you reach someone with both the good sense to see reality and the authority to act on it. I had a badyear rep tell me to kiss off on my dodge tires, and then escalated it to the point that, had I not decided to just replace them and be done with it, badyear would have given me a deep discount on new tires (>60%) and my tires had over 50k on them at the time. It's all about finding the right match between authority and understanding.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Just an observation. Your truck is a 2010, you are posting in 2012. Was your 2010 built in 2010? If it was built in 2009 those tires are legit to have been put on the truck. I know my 2005 was built in late 2004. I'd take the 50% from BFG and run. Pick up some BFG AT/TKOs. Beats paying full price. Fact is despite your low mileage the tires age. Also yelling at the dealership about tires is a losing battle. They don't cover them nor does Nissan as was said prior.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts