Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen in the past a number of these my build posts. I figured I’d do one on my build / refresh of my new to me 2010 Pro-4X. It’s as much for me as anyone else. It’ll give me a reason to take before and after pics and so on. I’m not posting any prices because that’s evidence haha.

I’ve been looking at a Titan for over a year now. A good buddy of mine that’s on here as well, smoothsix, has a sweet 12 Pro4X KC and my brother has had a couple Titans now as well. So I finally pulled the trigger on this one. I knew I wanted the Pro4x for its relative lack of chrome. I also was hoping to get it without the Rockford Fosgate because I knew I’d do a head unit and backup camera. I got what I wanted. A few more miles and a little more rust underneath than I was hoping for but 90k miles isn’t terrible and it’s not rusty by any stretch.

So I’d been researching them for a while and stalking on here and other places. I thought I had a plan. A head unit and a license backup cam because I’m spoiled and need a backup camera and Bluetooth and/or usb plug.
I also wanted to do a 3” lift. Well a 3” front / 1” rear to be accurate. Don’t ask why but I’ve always wanted 33x12.50 BFGs on a truck.

So here is where it all begins.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
with a 3/1 on a pro4x i bet you can fit 35" BFG's on stock wheels on there. DO ITTTT

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with a 3/1 on a pro4x i bet you can fit 35" BFG's on stock wheels on there. DO ITTTT
Well haven’t got to the next post yet lol. I’ve changed my mind a little I ordered the KYB Truck plus setup. 2” front leveling / nothing in the rear because I believe you’re right I didn’t need that much for 33’s.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Build / Refresh to date

Exterior:
Exterior:
Dechromed handles
Rocky Ridge Tow Mirrors
ARE Truck Top
Drake D Black headlights
LED Bulbs
Matte Black Running Boards
EAG Grille

A/V:
Alpine ILX-W650 Head Unit
Alpine KTA-450 Amp
Kicker 6x9 components in front doors and dash
Kicker 6.75 components in rear doors
Kicker Hideaway 8 sub
Crux Backup Cam installed into tailgate handle

Suspension:
KYB SR4230K Truck Plus leveling struts (RC 2” billet spacer “preinstalled” on KYB strut and spring assembly)
Supreme Suspensions 3.5” spacer (removed the 2” RC Spacer)
Rocky Road Sway Bar Fix (Partially installed. DO NOT RECOMMEND)
Wulf Upper Control Arms
Moog Alignment Cam Bolts
Moog Lower Control Arms
Supreme Suspensions add a leaf
Supreme Suspensions U bolts
Dorman Leaf Spring Shackles
Rough Country rear shocks
Firestone Airbags (now with 1.25” spacer)

Rear Diff:
Off-road gorilla Rear diff breather kit (Ordered a K&N breather to replace plastic fuel filter)
Mag-Hytec diff cover

Brakes:
R1Concepts Carbon Geomet slotted rotors
R1Concepts Performance off-road / towing pads

Engine:
Removed engine cover
K&N CAI thanks again to Drake D
Oil Catch Can

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
nice. remember when final torquing the upper control arm bushings and LCA bushings, and bottom shock bushing : do it with the weight of the truck on the wheels. NOT jacked up in the air. it will preload the bushings, you'll have extra height, it'll ride like crap, and the bushings will fail.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I think LCA in his post means Lower Control Arm.

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the Wulf UCAs MUCH beefier than the RCs. Wulf’s website said the ball joint is sealed and never needs maintenance but when you pop off the cap there is a zirc fitting soooo there is that.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Pics of the Mag-Hytec cover installed. The brake hose bracket did NOT bolt right on. I had to take it apart with much cussing and take it to the grinding whee and take off a lot of metal.

Second pic is the factory rear axle breather completely gummed up no way it is working. Put in the Off-Road Gorilla kit with a K&N crankcase breather mounted behind the passenger taillight.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
nice work man. those covers look good. now, don't go watch Gale Banks test those covers and show how they actually decrease the efficiency of the diff fluid ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Banks sells differential covers of course he rates anyone elses’s poorly.
Went and watched his videos what he’s saying makes sense but all his testing is on the one truck, one type of gear oil and one type of diff cover.
The mag hytec on the Titan doesn’t raise the level that much. The filler is at the top but it has a dipstick the you measure the fluid level so you aren’t “burying the gear” in the Titan anyway.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KYB Truck Plus struts with RC 2” leveling block, Wulf UCAs, Moog LCAs, Rocky Road Outfitters Sway bar links installed.

Every part of the front suspension and brakes that wasn’t replaced was taken off cleaned and painted. Time consuming but well worth it.

Had to cut off all 4 LCA bolts, one of the UCA bolts and one of the lower ball joints. One of the lower strut mount bolts also wouldn’t come off so it just stayed attached to the LCA and came off in one piece.

Rear shocks are on as well. Had to cut those damn bolts off as well. Damn 11 year old trucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is in a dip in the rear, it's not as pronounced as it looks but yes they definitely lifted the truck more than the 2" spacer. I was thinking it was because I was replacing an 11yo strut and spring but it is high. Even though that topper only weighs 185lbs it did make it squat a bit (which is worrisome). I'm hoping to let it settle but I was planning to put bags on the rear anyway so it'll just get a little extra air in it to make it level.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
i had to cut my LCA bolts as well...truck was only 4 years old at the time lol. how's it drive???? did it align ok? in the first pic it looks about right, second pic looks nose high but you can see the little dip in the pavement the back end is sitting in.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts