Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody,
ive come across a wreak 2010 pro 4x, and i just started thinking to myself, "hmmm can i swap out the rear leafs, shackles, and front struts and put them on my 06 se offroad?" so i come to titantalk to ask, is this idea of swapping parts do able, and even more important is it worth it?

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Front struts are probably the same if you already have the OR package (the PRO sits a little higher though). The rear end is all upgraded so that would probably be a good swap out.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
If this wreck is real cheap, I would consider swapping front brakes, wheels, front hubs (I'm not sure if you can swap hubs, I would need to research that), front differential, spring shackles, rear axle, rear springs. If I grabbed the front struts, I would replace the pseudo Rancho shocks with some Bilsteins. I am assuming the 06 and the 10 have the same axle ratios.

A few points:

The new front brakes are much better (bigger rotors and calipers) than the 2006 brakes, but they won't clear the OEM 17" wheels. You need 18" or bigger OEM wheels. If you retrofit on the 06 hubs, I think you need to use a spacer ring to fit the bigger rotors on the hub that will cost you maybe $40. So that could be done w/o swapping hubs.

They upgraded the front diff at some point to add ribbing and to resist half shaft pullout. Not sure exactly when that happened, but you might compare the diff housings on the front diff. The newer version has increased ribbing.

The newer rear axle has bigger rear axle shafts with more splines and I think maybe also a stronger four spider e-locker.

On the struts, I would junk the pseudo Ranchos and have them loaded with Bilsteins.

The 06 rear spring shackles are a time bomb just waiting to send a leaf through the bed, so yeah grab those for sure.

DISCLAIMER: THE FOREGOING ASSUMES THAT ALL PARTS ARE CAREFULLY INSPECTED AND FOUND TO BE UNDAMAGED.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet, i am defiantly going to grab the leafs and struts then. ill have to look at and think about the other stuff, dont want my wallet getting to light

1 - 4 of 4 Posts