Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started happening yesterday. When radio is powered and using any source ( aux, AM/FM, CD) the screen shows jumbled characters across the screen. When powered off, it only shows the time the screen is clear as it should be. I've attached a pic to show what is going on.
Is there an easy fix for this without buying a new head unit? It works fine but it's a bit annoying to look at

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt want to lose my maintenance reminders which wouldve happened if I removed the battery ground. I pulled the fuse for like 20 mins. Still the same

·
Registered
98 Posts
To reset you need to remove ALL power to the radio. Removing only the main radio fuse does not remove the ACC power to the radio - hence it does not reset. One could pull the radio and remove the main connector temporarily but it is easier to just disconnect one of the battery cables. (Sorry, but all stored settings are eliminated when doing a reset).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting because I had the radio running on Acc power when I pulled the fuse to ensure I had the right one. I think my screen is just on it way out

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have not explained the operation properly. There are two sources of power to the radio. One is the main that provides operating power for all the radio electronics. This one is only active with the ignition switch in ON or ACC. The second source is always on (no matter ignition switch position). This source provides power to the 'memory' of the radio (very low draw, will not seriously drain the battery in normal operation). This second source must be removed temporarily to reset the radio and the simpliest way to do this is to disconnect the battery cable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I'll give that a try. I'll just make note of my maintenance reminders and restart them after I pull the ground cable.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pulled the ground cable, while I was waiting I cleaned up the plastic covers and trim pieces in the engine bay. Reconnected and still no go. Is there a way to replace just the LCD?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, the strangest thing I noticed tonight on my way to work that the screen has returned to normal. I dont know what fixed it. The only thing different was I used a McGuire dash cleaner wipes on Saturday. Really strange but I'm glad it's back to normal hopefully it stays that way

1 - 9 of 9 Posts