Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've searched for a cruise control issue similar to mine with no success, so I thought I would ask. So here's my issue. Cruise control works great flat surfaces and up hill. It engages and stays on until I cancel or cut it off but the weird function I am experiencing occurs when I have cruise on and travel downhill. The cruise control slows down to 5 mph's less than the set cruising speed, (example: set at 75mph speed drops to 70mph before resuming), and only resumes once on level highway or starting uphill. Instrument cluster still indicates it is set and on. My 04 king cab Titan le with big tow package never did this nor does my 06 Armada le big tow. So has anyone else experienced this and are there any adjustments that can be made to correct it? Thanks in advance for any and all assistance provided and have a great day.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I dont have the exact same problem, but mine is something similar. I drive through a gated community on my way to work, and there are small hills up and down while going through. Going up the first hill is fine, and it maintains speed, but then it goes down, and still maintains speed, but once it levels out, it will drop 5mph or so, and then adds a lot of gas to quickly get back up to speed. Almost like its not paying attention when it levels out, and then freaks out and tries to get back to its set speed. Its the most annoying thing ever, and my other 2 titans dont do it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, thought I was alone with this type of situation. Hopefully someone will provide a clue of what it could be.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
My 2012 SL 4x4 CC does the exact same thing I made another post on it drives me nutz. My 04, 08 and 08.5 never did this very frustrating wish I knew how to fix it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts