Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
source = http://www.nissannews.com/newsrelease.do?id=784&mid=1

2010 Nissan Titan

The Nissan Titan full-size pickup continues to build on its reputation as rugged, reliable, spirited choice for active truck buyers seeking style, innovation and excellent value. Changes for the 2010 model year include revised equipment packages and content – including a new SE Value Truck Package with cloth captain’s chairs, tow hitch, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, fog lights and more offered at a substantial savings (versus purchased separately); standard side curtain air bags and Vehicle Dynamic Control; standard Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS) on all models; and two new exterior colors.

The 2010 Titan is offered in King Cab and Crew Cab body styles with a choice of 4x4 and 4x2 drive configurations, along with two wheelbases (138.9 inches and 159.5 inches) and three bed lengths. Titan is once again available in four well-equipped models – XE, SE, PRO-4X and LE. Titan is also available as a Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV) designed to run on E85 Ethanol.

Titan is built on Nissan’s rugged F-Alpha pickup platform, featuring a powerful 5.6-liter DOHC Endurance V8 rated at 317 horsepower and 385 lb-ft torque. Titan features a standard 5-speed automatic transmission and a maximum towing capacity of up to 9,500 pounds for King Cab and 9,400 pounds for Crew Cab (when properly equipped). The 2010 Nissan Titan goes on sale in September 2009.

Revisions for 2010 include:

Side curtain air bags and Vehicle Dynamic Control now standard on all models
Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS) added as standard for all models
New chrome “PRO-4X” badge added to PRO-4X tailgate
New SE Utility Package
New SE Value Truck Package, with a range of popular equipment offered at a substantial savings (versus purchased separately)
Receiver hitch, 7-pin wiring harness and trailer brake pre-wiring now standard on PRO-4X, available as part of SE Value Truck Package (previously part of Max Utility Package)
Power-adjustable pedals now part of SE Premium Utility Package
SE Driver’s Convenience Package and Max Utility Package combined as new Premium Utility Package
Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System now standard on PRO-4X
Rockford Fosgate audio added to previous Max Utility Package to create new Premium Utility Package
Easy-Clean vinyl floor added to King Cab XE models
Two new exterior colors – Blue Steel and Navy Blue

I'm excited to see the new Blue Steel color. Hopefully its a brighter blue. I know one of our TitanTalk Members had his truck custom-painted a bright blue and it looks sweet!!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I don't think it was ever a question about the 2010 MY, but thereafter. Last I heard, the Dodge deal will go through now that they're out of bankruptcy. Unfortunately, it will have the Dodge's sloppy powertrain complete with a shoddy 5 spd tranny that'll likely blow up after 55K miles. Typical Dodge.

My brother-n-law always brags about his 4x2 Ram with the small V8. What tickled me was his power steering pump went out at only 35K miles. It was covered under warranty, but I told him to get used to it - it's a Dodge.

Another true story:
I toured Chrysler's major supplier for oil pumps last year. Naturally, we saw a bunch of Chrysler's production lines for their pumps and did some benchmarking. What our engineers laughed about was Chrysler's PPM requirements vs. our requirements. I won't post it b/c it's likely confidential info, but lets just say Chrysler's is nearly 22X higher than ours.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ive been hoping that they came out with a vinyl floor. Too bad it looks like its for KC only. Good to see that we get another model year.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
No new exterior/interior body styling? no new performance upgrades? basically it's another 08-09 Titan.... :eh: :dunno:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i hope it comes with the other options like leaking seals, brake judder, radiator and transmission failures at an early stage, faulty ac condenser fans. any other option i forgot?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i hope it comes with the other options like leaking seals, brake judder, radiator and transmission failures at an early stage, faulty ac condenser fans. any other option i forgot?
yeah, you forgot useless overhead console....hahaha

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Yeah I don't personnally care about all those upgrades they did. I love my 05's looks and features, more stock HP would be cool. I'm sure other care about the options though, a lot of people like all that stuff. Me, I upgrade everything anyway, so an XE with 400 HP would be cool, as long as it looks about the same lol

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
yeah, you forgot useless overhead console....hahaha
X2 I agree w/ you on that one. What do they expect you to put in those little bin's? I only own 1 pair of sunglasses. LOL

...They need to up the hp if they expect to compete w/ all the other new model's of truck's, comparatively speaking.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Yeah you should probably just get rid of yours. All trucks have issues.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
umm..how about a new shape? or HP to match the what the competition is now offering?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Yeah they really need to up the hp to keep up with the new game now. When they came out their power was MORE than enough to dominate the entire class but nowdays it doesn't cut it. Right now their are at least 3 trucks faster/more powerful than the titan, the 6.2 chevy/gmc; tundra 5.7 and in certain body styles the new hemi. I think it would also help if they offered a RCSB titan too for A. work truck sales and B. performance sales. They need to up the hp to at least 380-400 to be competitive in this market. I LOVE the looks of the truck so they can keep that just the same!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Yeah they really need to up the hp to keep up with the new game now. When they came out their power was MORE than enough to dominate the entire class but nowdays it doesn't cut it. Right now their are at least 3 trucks faster/more powerful than the titan, the 6.2 chevy/gmc; tundra 5.7 and in certain body styles the new hemi. I think it would also help if they offered a RCSB titan too for A. work truck sales and B. performance sales. They need to up the hp to at least 380-400 to be competitive in this market. I LOVE the looks of the truck so they can keep that just the same!
The current 5.6L's real world at the axle power isn't all that far off to be quite honest. When hooked up or empty none of the trucks you mentioned that are pushing 400hp dominate the Titan. Nissan's time and money would be better spent looking into a way to keep the current power and gain class leading fuel economy. Currently t he Titan is getting thumped more in the mpg arena than the power war. 13mpg city posted on the door sticker is not wooing too many buyers.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Great to finally hear that there will be a 2010 Titan, but very disappointing to hear it's only getting an "options shuffle". :huh: I was really looking forward to seeing a facelift. All the other manufacture's have updated the look of their trucks, yet to the untrained eye, a 2004 Titan looks like a 2010 Titan :confused: No extra engine options either.:bangit: My feeling is that Nissan isnt investing anything into the future of our beloved Titan. It could be a good thing to still be able to swap many components from one model year to the next, but it's getting ridiculous. They came out with a great truck to begin with (minus the "bugs"), but times change, and so must the product. Nissan is letting their Titan fall further and further behind the other manufacturer's, and eventually they will get so far behind that they won't be able to recover. I can only hope 2011 brings a brighter future... :ftard:

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
We have known for a long time, that the New Generation Titan, will be a 2011 MY. So, nothing to be disappointed in seeing the 2010 as it is. They could have thrown the towel in, seeing how low production has been in 2009 CY.

Now, what can we guess about or anticipate for the New Generation Titan Engine?

I am going to guess Active Cylinder Deactivation. Combine that ACD with VVT and you have quite a combination. More Power and Better Economy in one! :)

I hope the Dodge deal stays off. Hope, hope, hope....

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.