Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
350 hp is nice , but Nissan needs a Nismo version truck with some serious hp to contend with the Tundra, and the Chevy SS. Maybe throw in a SC in the Nismo special something to catch the attention of the Truck world. They desperstely need to make some headlines.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Interesting concept, albeit Frontier-like..... As with most concepts, I will hold judgment until it actually materializes. It may not look exactly like that. We shall see..... :dunno:

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Thank god that is only a concept drawing. I am sure it will change by production. The write up sounds interesting, 350 hp would be nice. I have also heard alot of grumbling around the forums on rumors of a V6 diesel. I am sure this rumor of a V8 diesel would make some people happy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good news, finally nissan is stepping up. Even with the limited options as far as engine and stuff, the titan still sells darn good.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Well I can't wait for the diesel, but I have herd talk that Nissan might be scrapping the whole heavy duty line and switching to more fuel efficient cars. here is the article i found on a website.

http://www.mrtruck.net/nissantoyhd.htm

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
I really like it. Perfect color in the rendering too!

·
Registered
503 Posts
TitanTeamRoper said:
Well I can't wait for the diesel, but I have herd talk that Nissan might be scrapping the whole heavy duty line and switching to more fuel efficient cars. here is the article i found on a website.

http://www.mrtruck.net/nissantoyhd.htm
The Diesel option would be a light duty version, similar to what GM is going to do with 4.4L Duramax for the Silverado. I think the HD Titan is pretty much dead in the water for the time being.

·
Registered
686 Posts
The sketch is just that, a sketch. We will not get those tiny mirrors or rubber band tires. The wheels will also more than likely be not as aggressively designed and so large.

But we may see some of the lower panel moldings as well as a glimpse into what the new grill will look like. When is the Frontier due for a redesign? If the Frontier is set to be redone in 09, it will be our best bet as to guess as to what the 2010 Titan will look like.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I personally like the windshield rake. I had an 05 Frontier and it always had more wind noise than my 04 and 07 Titan. If they change it up that much from the current body count me out. :boxing:

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
BigJ said:
I personally like the windshield rake. I had an 05 Frontier and it always had more wind noise than my 04 and 07 Titan. If they change it up that much from the current body count me out. :boxing:
The rake is the one thing I never liked about our truck. Standing in front looking at the windshield and the sheet metal just above the glass looks like the roofline of a hearse to me.
Also on the interior the sun visors are too low because of the roofline. Tall people have issues with it too.

Clint

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Clint said:
Also on the interior the sun visors are too low because of the roofline. Tall people have issues with it too.
First I've heard that complaint! I'm 6'8" and sit with the seat damn near vertical (complete opposite of 'gangsta' style) and have never had an issue with the visors, it's the A pillar that gets in my way!!!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm 6'8" too, I've never had an issue with the windshield rake either, Dodge uses a similiar rake on their trucks, I don't really care for the Titans droopy hood though, yes you can see the road better, but it makes the truck look smaller then it really is.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
54warrior said:
First I've heard that complaint! I'm 6'8" and sit with the seat damn near vertical (complete opposite of 'gangsta' style) and have never had an issue with the visors, it's the A pillar that gets in my way!!!

6'4" here, and the inside rear view mirror gets in the way too...A pillars are very obstructive..for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
I am referring to when the visors are flipped down there are too low. They don't go all the way forward either as they stop because they are contacting the second set of visors underneath. I'm not nearly as tall as the two previous posters and they annoy me.

Clint

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Wow! Interesting article there. I like what they plan on doing to the body and interior and of course the hp. I can kind of picture what it will look like and it looks sick!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
wow! i like it... i just need to hang on to mine for a few more years and ill be good to go

·
Registered
265 Posts
Going to need at least 350hp...if not way more. Look at GM....6.2 will soon be standard, making over 400hp....the Denali will always make more, so you're looking at 425+!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts