Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having the dreaded "no start, just click" issue with my Armada. There are literally hundreds of posts about this. My vehicle will start with no problem 50 times, then suddenly I'll just get a single click. Then, after anywhere from 5-25 tries, it will sluggishly start and be fine again for 50 more starts. The simple fix I've seen over and over again is replacing the starter relay or the ignition relay or both. The problem is, I can't find a definitive diagram that tells me where the starter relay is and where the ignition relay is on a 2011 Armada. I keep coming across two different diagrams of the IPDM.
Here is a photo of my IPDM:

Here is the diagram that I've found that matches the photo of my IPDM:

So, in the photo, the ignition relay would be the one on the far right, under the yellow fuses. I've replaced that relay, but the problem remains.

What I can't figure out is that I keep coming across this diagram online when I search for 2011 Armada IPDM diagram:

This diagram suggests that there is a ignition relay AND a starter relay on the same IPDM board. But it does not match the layout of my IPDM board.

SO the question is, if the first diagram is correct, and I've managed to replace the ignition relay with no luck, where the hell is the starter relay on a 2011 Armada Platinum???

·
Registered
109 Posts
Before you throw parts at it try cleaning your ignition cylinder with Houdini electronic lock cleaner (can be found on Amazon). I don't promise it will work but it's never bad to clean things first and it worked for me after a few months of intermittent no-starts. Mine would just crank and crank but not fire. Thought it was low fuel pressure or a relay, bad ignition, had no idea where to start. 3 mechanics and a stealership visit later I was tearing my hair out just like you are and ultimately fixed it in about 5 minutes for like 10ish bucks. No issues since in almost a year. Damn construction site dust got in there no doubt. Also try a spare key. My original was straight worn out. I thought my tailgate lock was broken but my spare key opened it fine! Turns out it started my truck up fine too! Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Matt, appreciate the response. Are you referring to the fix in this post?

I've done this with no luck, which is why I've moved on to the relays, since they are cheap.

Maybe I should just replace the ignition switch?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've done this with no luck, which is why I've moved on to the relays, since they are cheap.
spend the 4 dollars a relay and then you can rule that out.
Check the your main grounds (I can't recall if it was my titan or my VW that had "the big three" ground points that needed to be checked).
Also check your ECT. cheap fix. https://www.clubtitan.org/forums/14-technical-discussion/60698-engine-coolant-temp-sensor-ect.html
90+% its either your ECT or your grounds.

here is your entire service manual:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spend the 4 dollars a relay and then you can rule that out.
Check the your main grounds (I can't recall if it was my titan or my VW that had "the big three" ground points that needed to be checked).
Also check your ECT. cheap fix. https://www.clubtitan.org/forums/14-technical-discussion/60698-engine-coolant-temp-sensor-ect.html
90+% its either your ECT or your grounds.

here is your entire service manual:
Thanks, I agree about the relays, but I'm still trying to determine if the 2011 Armada has a starter relay somewhere. If you look at my original post, I have already replaced what I have determined (from my service manual) to be the ignition relay, but I'm trying to find out if there is also a separate starter relay somewhere, as shown in the other IPDM diagram I've found. My service manual shows that there is a starter relay in the wiring schematics, but I cannot find a diagram that shows where that relay is located on the vehicle.

The ECT post talks about a problem with the engine overheating...not sure how that relates to my starting problem?

Tried to find the three main ground points in the service manual, not sure I know where they are. Will have a harder look later today.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The ECT post talks about a problem with the engine overheating...not sure how that relates to my starting problem?
when the ECT is not reporting the proper temp to the computer, the air/fuel ratios don't match the actual air temperature and vehicles are slow to start (lots of cranks...usually until the the engine has actually gotten warm enough to match the temperature the ECT is reporting). Known issue with my other vehicle, may be an issue with your armada.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the dreaded "no start, just click" issue with my Armada. There are literally hundreds of posts about this. My vehicle will start with no problem 50 times, then suddenly I'll just get a single click. Then, after anywhere from 5-25 tries, it will sluggishly start and be fine again for 50 more starts. The simple fix I've seen over and over again is replacing the starter relay or the ignition relay or both. The problem is, I can't find a definitive diagram that tells me where the starter relay is and where the ignition relay is on a 2011 Armada. I keep coming across two different diagrams of the IPDM.
View attachment 541411

View attachment 541412
So, in the photo, the ignition relay would be the one on the far right, under the yellow fuses. I've replaced that relay, but the problem remains.

What I can't figure out is that I keep coming across this diagram online when I search for 2011 Armada IPDM diagram:
View attachment 541413

This diagram suggests that there is a ignition relay AND a starter relay on the same IPDM board. But it does not match the layout of my IPDM board.

SO the question is, if the first diagram is correct, and I've managed to replace the ignition relay with no luck, where the hell is the starter relay on a 2011 Armada Platinum???
View attachment 541411

View attachment 541412

View attachment 541413

Did you ever find a solution for this issue? Having it now and cannot find the relay I think I need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts