Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is my question. I was already to buy a bullbar for my 2011 when the store contacted me and said they heard mixed results on if the bullbar would fit my truck. They have only heard of two trucks so far that tried to put it on, one said it worked the other said it didn't. They however did not see either first hand. So. Is everything the same on a 2011 as the previous years or am i in uncharted waters. I have a machine shop and most likely could make it fit should a different bracket need to be made but would rather have it be ready to go out of the box. Anyone know the answer?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I've had an 04 and now an 08 and if the bullbar attatches to where the front tow hooks are, they're the same from what I've seen. I'd try it but be sure they'll take it back if for some reason it doesn't.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Ok here is my question. I was already to buy a bullbar for my 2011 when the store contacted me and said they heard mixed results on if the bullbar would fit my truck. They have only heard of two trucks so far that tried to put it on, one said it worked the other said it didn't. They however did not see either first hand. So. Is everything the same on a 2011 as the previous years or am i in uncharted waters. I have a machine shop and most likely could make it fit should a different bracket need to be made but would rather have it be ready to go out of the box. Anyone know the answer?

Thanks in advance
I think the mounts are different on the 2010 and beyond.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-parts-accessories/111563-pro-4x-bull-bar-problem.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i think i will take a gamble. I have my machine shop at my disposal if i run into any snags. Looking at that link for the 2010 model it appears to be the skid plate is the issue. Will keep you posted...

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
That is a big thread and they talked about skid plates and mounts not fitting bolting up to the truck. There are some pictures on page 5 and 6 of the brackets that had to get chopped up. If I'm not mistaken he still couldn't get it to work. Keep us posted on your progress with pics.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a big thread and they talked about skid plates and mounts not fitting bolting up to the truck. There are some pictures on page 5 and 6 of the brackets that had to get chopped up. If I'm not mistaken he still couldn't get it to work. Keep us posted on your progress with pics.
You know, I read that on my phone and for some reason thought there were only two pages. I will read the whole post before I do anything. Thank you

·
Registered
121 Posts
YES, please keep us posted. Just got a 2011 myself and want the bull bar as well. Thank you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I read that post from start to end. I think I will gamble buying it and see what happens. I may be wrong but worst case scenario I will have to manufacture some new brackets. Regardless, I will post my experience and add any pics necessary. I just have to wait a few weeks I think till I have a weekend I can dedicate to this. Thanks again for the advice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts