Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried for 4 hours to reach a technical support person on the Bully Dog website. No luck so I searched on here and still havent found exactly what I need.

First off, A guy here locally is selling a PowerPup that he had on a earlier Titan. Can I update this for 2011? (cost?)
The website still shows nothing for 2011.

From what I have read the only difference between the BDPP and the GT is that the GT allows you to monitor everything. Is that correct?
I already have a innovate motorsport unit that can monitor parameters.

It looks like the GT is more permanent. Can you just load a tune then take it out...or does it need to be connected at all times? For about the same price you can get the uprev...but I don't have any mods so it doesnt seem worth it to me.

Sorry if this has been covered, but I couldn't find anything really about the 2011 in a search.
Sean

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have the GT on my '11. As long as you download the latest files from the BG web site they tell me it will work fine, which it did for me.

You can load the GT tune and then take the unit out. The GT has a couple more functions than the pup as far as tunes go, and the monitoring of course.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I don't think the Power pup is compatable with a 2011 TITAN.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The GT has a couple more functions than the pup as far as tunes go
What other functions?

I don't think the Power pup is compatable with a 2011 TITAN.
I wonder why. If they have the GT ready for it, it seems like it would be pretty easy to get the PP to work with it.

I'll try to get in contact with them again. IF someone finally answers me...hopefully they know what they are talking about..

Sean

·
Registered
869 Posts
I know timing advance is one of them, and I would only be guessing at the others, but I believe idle speed adjustment is another.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
i will second that the GT will work on 2011, just put mine on.
also, i would think if they will make an update for the GT, they would make it for the PP as well.
only way to really know is to download the update and try it on your truck.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I just went onto the bullydog website and they don't seem to have the power pup anymore... just the GT, and the GT is compatible with Titans 05-11.. So that could explain why the power pup will not work for the 2011 Titans.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just went onto the bullydog website and they don't seem to have the power pup anymore... just the GT, and the GT is compatible with Titans 05-11.. So that could explain why the power pup will not work for the 2011 Titans.
All that means is that Bully Dog isn't producing and selling the PP because it has been replaced by the GT.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FYI on the Pup, straight from their website:

Power Pup Nissan/Infiniti 05-10 (44590)

This prouct has been superseded by the new GT Guage Tuner. Click here to view details.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, Finally got a tech person. PP is discontinued so no updates anymore.

That sucks, I guess no one makes a $200-300 programmer anymore. No love for 2011's.

Hypertech have one that removes WOT?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Yea hypertech will remove WOT..

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just checked out the hypertech. Around $350....so its not really that great of a deal. Especially since used bdgt go for less.

kwelkarim - You selling a used model? I'm not sure if im ready to pull the trigger quite yet, but when I do i'll let you know. Hopefully its soon, but if you get another offer dont hold it for me.

Sean

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
I bought the gt triple dog for $355 at autoanything two days ago. I hope it works well as I almost went for the cortex. Hope im not disapointed. How do yall like the BD?

·
Registered
869 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
But it isn't an SE, so you might as well put Z71 there because people know what that is too. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts