Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning TitanTalk!

I currently own a 2009 Titan LE 4x4. Looking to do a trade in for either a 2011 Pro4x loaded or a GMC 1500 (equal options).

Some of my concerns with the 2011 Titan is the dealer mentioned the ride quality of the Pro4x is not nice as the LE? (not sure about that??) Doesn't look like Nissan makes a LE Titan any more? (SL?)

Not really interested in Ford or Ram, though I did see a Ford F150 that was loaded up that I liked......:confused:

Comments on the Pro4x? And the decision?

I love the look of my LE Titan (has the chrome package), the Pro4X does not come with a chrome package (but I guess i could get a chrome grill for it?). What are some other accents that people do, to set off the colored bumpers?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
My vote is for the Pro4x but why not get the SL (its the LE)since you like the chrome? I traded in my 07 SE for the Pro4x b/c I wanted all black and I liked the interior blk leather w/red stitching.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Why trade in an 09 for an '11? Just wondering. You'll be spending a TON more for practically the same truck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hm, not going to be spending any more money from my perspective? Also will be loosing the 1.9% and getting 0%, not much but every little bit counts!

About the SL vs Pro, I like the chrome, but not the 20" rims!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hm, not going to be spending any more money from my perspective? Also will be loosing the 1.9% and getting 0%, not much but every little bit counts!

About the SL vs Pro, I like the chrome, but not the 20" rims!

Have you factored in what you have already paid for your 09?

·
Registered
423 Posts
yeah i'm confused too...seems like the truck you really want is sitting in your driveway..?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Err...You've made payments on the 09 haven't you? I don't think they'll do a straight trade.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I would keep what I have, but I don't like paying notes on a vehicle for a long period of time!! And if I had the 09 LE I'll have that truck handcuffed to me at all times.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Haven't you made 2 years of payments that you havent made on a '11? I'm confused

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm not going to get into the money side of things because I really dont know much about it. but if you like the options in the pro more than the SL or whatever the new le is called then I say go for it. Don't let the lack of chrome keep you from getting it. Unless if I'm wrong you should be able to trade what you have for chrome very easily because people on here are usually looking to do the oposite of you and get rid of their chrome. Unless if the chrome from say an se or le doesnt fit on a pro you shouldnt have a problem finding the chrome you want, plus then you'll have all the options with the pro that you want.

·
Registered
249 Posts
This probably wont be popular here, but I would get the GMC SLT 6.2 if money was not an option. Maybe the All Terrain package.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
This probably wont be popular here, but I would get the GMC SLT 6.2 if money was not an option. Maybe the All Terrain package.
I would too...The new Sierras are sexy as he||.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Noway! would I buy any domestic especially a GM product over a Titan or Tundra. Those GM trucks are nothing but trouble. You will stay in the shop with that thing. A friend has nothing but hell out of his chevy and vowed never to buy another one. I have replaced tranny after tranny in the late models as well as fuel pumps. They are also plagued with electrical problems. Go with the Titan for sure.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I would go for the GMC, I always said that would be next truck. But I would want the 6.2 though.

Reactions: JDos1

·
Registered
249 Posts
Noway! would I buy any domestic especially a GM product over a Titan or Tundra. Those GM trucks are nothing but trouble. You will stay in the shop with that thing. A friend has nothing but hell out of his chevy and vowed never to buy another one. I have replaced tranny after tranny in the late models as well as fuel pumps. They are also plagued with electrical problems. Go with the Titan for sure.
My family has an 07 Silverado Z71 Crewcab with 186k miles without a single issue. My previous vehicle was an 08 GMC Sierra CC SLT 2500HD Duramax 64k miles in 2 years without a single problem.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I'd say the Titan, or a Ford. The GM's would be at the bottom of my list, cramped, outdated interior, drum brakes, sheet metal thinner then the Titans.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have you factored in what you have already paid for your 09?
Yup, above water, clear out of the red.

yeah i'm confused too...seems like the truck you really want is sitting in your driveway..?
Yeah, it is, minus the 20s no nav, or sunroof... My LE is great, just missing a couple of nerd features.

Err...You've made payments on the 09 haven't you? I don't think they'll do a straight trade.
I see where you are going... Yeah, I have, but I don't mind starting over if I get a new car :)

Haven't you made 2 years of payments that you havent made on a '11? I'm confused
See above...

I would too...The new Sierras are sexy as he||.
Indeed, If I was going to make the jump it would be for the 2011 AWD Denali

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've been a Chevy man before the titans and still is! But, I didn't get one because the Titan has the same block in all the models plus I got it for the price of two $6000.00 scag ztrs!!!! I had an 97 tahoe, 84 Monte Carlo , and a 1990 caprice, now I have a 91 Sierra with 260,000 miles that starts on a dime! Chevys are good vehicles and better than ford and dodge in my book with v8s but I love my Titan.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
My family has an 07 Silverado Z71 Crewcab with 186k miles without a single issue. My previous vehicle was an 08 GMC Sierra CC SLT 2500HD Duramax 64k miles in 2 years without a single problem.
Just one example, 08 chevy 4x4 with 90k highway miles. Gets 14 mpg. Upper controls arms and wheel bearings bad. Broke valve spring which hung valve open and melted plastic intake, rear main leak, electric windows either side don't work, truck rattles like crazy. I have heard nothing but horror stories with the chevys and until the quality is improved I would stay away from them. A friend of mine just got rid of his 05 duramax because he was tired of fuel pump issues leaving him on the side of the road.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts