Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that ppl can put a PRG 2.5 leveling kit on 2WD trucks. And have also been told that the '08 and up trucks can only use a 1.5 leveling kit because they sit higher. What is the kit i should get? I want to go the max height i can for my 2WD 2011 Titan. I would also be getting 1-1.5 inch blocks for the back as well. Thanks for any input and i am looking forward to modding my baby and taking pics.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
2" spacer will level your front end. No rear blocks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your input. can anyone else verify this? i have heard, 1.5, 2, and 2.5 now.... and is it possible to still put a 2.5 even if this does not level the truck? thanks

·
Super Moderator
161,461 Posts
It's possible, but you're going to get coil bucket contact. The '08+ model years DO sit higher already. That's because the shock units were longer to begin with than those of previous model years. Otherwise (not talking brakes) there weren't any changes. It's the same UCA, LCA steering rack, etc. as the earlier years. Think of the '08+ trucks as already having a 1" block on them because the springs were taller. That being the case, 1.5" is the most you want to go if all you're going to do is a spacer. If you're putting in a new UCA, then it's a different story.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. If i dont go off-roading much, except for the occasional trip to the Dunes, do you think cb contact will be that big a problem?

·
Super Moderator
161,461 Posts
Will it still happen? Yes. Potholes, speed bumps, curbs, etc.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
The coil buckets are welded higher on the frames and therefore closer to the UCA's on the '08+ Titans.

I have heard of people running 2" leveling kits on the new 2wd, but a 2.5" probably would not be a good idea. If you don't off road, and slow for speed bumps instead of speeding up, you might be o.k. with the 2", and you can take a Dremel tool with a grinder barrel and make a U in the coil bucket lip for clearance ... where you see marks from the UCA, then spray paint, repeat until no more contact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts