Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I upgraded to Titan #3 to a 2011 cc Pro4x. I noticed that it doesn't have the ac electric aux fan! So I looked a little closer and noticed a huge transmission cooler up front, also the power steering cooler in the corner then the air conditioner radiator and finally the coolant radiator. Sorry for my confusion but when did they remove the electric fan? Put a new big transmission cooler up front? (from the previous one in the radiator), and go to blue Nissan coolant???

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
the blue coolant is a recent TSB for all nissans...came out a few months ago i think. havent done it yet because i dont see the importance. i know on my 08, i had the electric fan...but not on my 2010. so i would say they made the change in 09-10.

Reactions: BigJ

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting... Thanks for the info! I must have fell asleep the last few years. So whats the deal with the new tranny cooler? was that an 08 or newer modification?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Blue Coolant?
Should older Titans change?
What is significance of the Blue formula?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Blue Coolant?

What is significance of the Blue formula?
Good question but the probable significance is there is little to no change in formula but the price is 50% greater. :)

Similar to the change in automatic transmission fluid from Matic J to Matic S when there is no difference between them. Maybe the change is simply to keep the fluid aftermarket suppliers off balance to make it more difficult to meet the specifications for equivalent fluids.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I googled the service bulletin and basically the blue coolant is 7yrs/105,000miles from the factory. Doesn't look like it protects any better or worse just longer. The mix is 50/50 which you can either buy it premixed or concentrated.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im still curious about the transmission cooler looks new?! It doesn't look like there is one in the radiator anymore. Also how does the ac work when it's 105 outside and I'm sitting at a stoplight?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Im still curious about the transmission cooler looks new?! It doesn't look like there is one in the radiator anymore. Also how does the ac work when it's 105 outside and I'm sitting at a stoplight?

My 2009 has no fan and works great up until its 112+ and truck has been sitting n the sun all day, mine is also black on black.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I hope this new blue coolant is not like the orange Dexcool that GM introduced back in the mid 90's. If so, we won't be able to convert over if we have the green coolant. If you had glycol based green coolant and tried to mix it with Dexcool, you had big problems if you didn't flush out the system thoroughly. Even then, it still caused problems on vehicles that originally came with the glycol based fluid from the factory.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
My 08 has the electric fan but all Titans have 2 tranny coolers. One is part of the actual radiator, and the other is in front of the radiator. Both my 04 and my 08 have it.

·
Registered
263 Posts

I'm on my 2nd Titan, the first being a 2007 Titan LE CC with Big Tow, that had the transmission cooler.

Now I have a 2010 Titan PRO-4X, also with a trasmission cooler.

In answer to your question, I'd guess the tranny cooler for the PRO-4X is because it is the PRO-4X and more than likely you have the Utility Package, or it's just a feature due to being a 4X4.

JG

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
My 08 has the electric fan but all Titans have 2 tranny coolers. One is part of the actual radiator, and the other is in front of the radiator. Both my 04 and my 08 have it.
so the 04 have 2 coolers, the regular one in the radiator and the external one in front of it? good to know. im still learning the truck..

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Someone post a pic, i wanna see
X2 I'm intes\rested in seeing what it look's like behind the grille?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I looked long and hard and it appears that the transmission lines bypass the coolant radiator and just use the cooler out front. I'm glad, from the cracked radiator problems mixing I dint need that problem. I'll try and take some pics when I get back to town.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
So I upgraded to Titan #3 to a 2011 cc Pro4x. I noticed that it doesn't have the ac electric aux fan! So I looked a little closer and noticed a huge transmission cooler up front, also the power steering cooler in the corner then the air conditioner radiator and finally the coolant radiator. Sorry for my confusion but when did they remove the electric fan? Put a new big transmission cooler up front? (from the previous one in the radiator), and go to blue Nissan coolant???
My 2010 is the same way.

Reactions: BigJ

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did some investigation, I added a magnetic oil warmer (200 watt) to my oil pan and while I was under there I checked the transmission lines. Same as all the older Titans :( it runs through the coolant radiator. I was hoping it didn't but no such luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts