Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so I've installed probably 50 stereos in my life. I use to be a car stereo guru, bit I am baffled. I am installing a JVC KW-NT800HDT. Was hoping to sell it, as it's BNIB so I could get the 810HDT so I could have Android compatability since that's the only difference....

But anyway, I ordered the Metra 70-7553 and the Metra 71-7550 along with the ASWC for the steering wheel controls.

Well the 70-7553 and 71-7550 both have the same connectors like power, constant, speaker connections, etc... Did I order the right one and then order the wrong one? One of these I think is an extra that I just don't need. Can someone please clarify? Oh yeah, I took both out of the package, bit I think the one I need is the harness with the RCA's.

Also, do I need to hook up the wires such as Power Antenna, P Cont, Ant.Com, Park SW? I do want to be able to play DVD's and input directions while on the move. No, I don;t want to watch DVD;s while I am driving... It;s for the kids. So if I want to do that, I should ground the Park wire, correct?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Neithe harness. You need a Metra 70-7551. You need to connect everything color to color

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I need to connect everything color to color. I still want to use the factory Rockford amp. Is that what the RCA's are for?

·
Registered
684 Posts
The RCA connectors from the harness adapter connect to the LINE OUT connections on the new HU. The speaker lines from the new HU are not used in your application and should be taped off such that stray bare wires do not contact each other or metal in the dash area.

For the kids to watch DVDs while in motion search for "parking brake bypass". That modification works better than grounding the 'brake line'.

If you encounter a loud pop in the audio at turn-on insert a series resistor in the 'AMP-ON' line from the new HU and its connection to the wiring adapter. Experiment with different values of resistor to obtain the best results. (the amp-on line from the radio provides 12 vdc while the Nissan amp turns on with 6-7 vdc)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts