Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer said i could, but not feeling to safe. Just want some feedback. I have 29ft travel trailer with leveling hitch and anti-sway. Weighs like 7300 . Am i going to have trouble?
Just bought 2011 Titan SV . I sure hope so or camper for sale. Lol

·
Registered
720 Posts
Dealer said i could, but not feeling to safe.
Since I don't know how you drive, I cannot say you absolutely can pull that trailer. The Titan can, but if you do not feel safe doing it ... don't.

You may want to check out this thread http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-towing-hauling/113059-04-titan-le-can-tow-26-trailer.html since it covers the info you are asking about.

Make sure you have a good brake controller on your T before hauling a load like that.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
i believe the titan has a total payload of like 9300ish somewhere in there so 7300 you are fine.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I tow a 33' trailer with a 6850 pound dry weight. I know it's back there, but I get around just fine. Only the gas mileage and number of shifts under load, down to 3rd or 2nd, cause me any worry. I have heard good things about our transmissions, though.

I have a 2006 Crew Cab.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, i am only worried about hwy riding with the weight difference in truck and camper. I guess well see.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I pulled one a bit longer than that and it was 8750# (on a CAT scale) just fine. A few keys items:

1.) Have a WD hitch
2.) Have a good brake-controller and configure it correctly
3.) Have a Roadmaster suspension kit or bags
4.) As was stated, if you are AT ALL uncomfortable, don't do it. I had my father (a HAZMAT tanker truck driver for 30+ years) do a test pull first to see how it did before I took over. He said "you will be fine" and I was.

-S

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Dealer said i could, but not feeling to safe. Just want some feedback. I have 29ft travel trailer with leveling hitch and anti-sway. Weighs like 7300 . Am i going to have trouble?
You'll be fine. If you've never towed something like that before, it'll be old news after a few pulls. I tow a 32' travel trailer and at times you can forget it's back there....well sort of.
Make sure you have a good brake controller and WD hitch and that everything is set up correctly. A little tweaking here and there may be necessary to be 100% comfortable but your truck will handle it just fine.
Don't get hung up on the weight difference between the truck and the trailer. Remember, you're not carrying the trailer in the trucks bed. The trailer has it's own wheels and brakes....you're just pulling it. The only real weight the truck is carrying is the tongue weight and the WD hitch properly distributes that weight between the trucks front and rear axles. Tractor Trailers haul trailers that outweigh the tractor by multiple tons.

Enjoy the camper!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool thank you for all the feedback , my wife will be very happy. I traded a chevy 2500 for titan so just alittle different and smaller as chevy was crew cab with 8 ft bed. Thanks again now to start adding to my titan hmmmmm what shoukd i get first? Lol look forward to posting more soon

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
programmer and intake and exhaust

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Cool thank you for all the feedback , my wife will be very happy. I traded a chevy 2500 for titan so just alittle different and smaller as chevy was crew cab with 8 ft bed. Thanks again now to start adding to my titan hmmmmm what shoukd i get first? Lol look forward to posting more soon
The Titan really doesn't "NEED" anything...especially not to tow since it's a tow monster...as you'll soon find out. I have everything stock but I have the BullyDog programmer only to remove the WOT (Wide Open Throttle) restriction. Depending on the year and model, Titans are restricted so that full power, even if floored, isn't given until you're moving between 15-40 MPH. Other than that, the tuners doesn't do much of anything noticable.
Maybe a Nissan hood deflector (love mine...keeps the hood clean and ding free) or a nice tonno cover?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Like the people have posted you should be fine if you get the right set-up for your truck and trailer. If your not comfortable then by all means don't do it. I for one was apprehensive about pulling my trailer with the truck that I have. After purchasing some things for the truck and trailer our Titan pulls our TT without any problems. We have a 2009 Keystone Outback Sydney 290RLS, dry weight is just over 6900 lbs. The Titan is an awesome truck for a 1/2 ton it's a towing beast. Check out my thread from earlier today I posted pics of my truck and trailer that I pull, hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You will have no problems. I tow a older 29ft camper with my 2010 and it weighs around 8200 lbs. Been through the mountains in colorado with it and accross nebraska with 40mph side winds no problem.

Reactions: joeyss105

·
Registered
554 Posts
HAD: 2005 CC XE with 2.94 gears 4x2, pulled my Keystone Hideout 26B (29' 11" {from hitch to bumper 31'} camping ready aproximately 7200 lbs) with about 400lbs of grill, wood, propane, bicycles, fire ring in bed. 1000lbs load leveling hitch with sway bar (friction type) MFG said max towing weight was 6500lbs, and pulled all the way from Granbury, Tx to Palo Duro Canyon (amarillo, texas) got about 11 mpg NO PROBLEMS.

HAVE: 2011 CC SV 4x4 with 3.34 gears, pulling same TT with same equipment in bed upgraded to 1200 lbs load leveling bars same sway, get 9-11 mpg pulled to Galveston Texas over the summer, NO PROBLEMS.

With 05 could run 75-80, with 11... 65 max to be safe. (i think im smarter now days and not in such a hurry) I believe i could run faster bc of the higher gears. Either way, I knew the camper was there. It did pull on the truck and made her work. This summer on interstate RPM was about 2800-3300. When I go to the hill country I run 3000-3500 up and down hills. Although my T is a haus.... i am considering a CAI and 2* advanced tiiming for a lil added hp and torque. But stock.... she rocks. :redblob"

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
SV towing capacities, take your pick.....depends on what package you have on your truck.

4x2 and 4x4 King Cab without premium utility package 7400#
With premium utility Package 4x2 9500#, 4x4 9400#.

4x2 Crew standard bed without Premium utility package 7400#
4x4 7300#.

4x2 Crew Long bed without Premium utility package 7100#
4x4 7000#.

4x2, 4x4 standard bed and 4x2 long bed with Premium Utility Package 9300#.

4x4 long bed with Premium Utility Package 9100#.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
The Titan can do it but that POS factory hitch might fall apart. Keep and eye on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought a 28' Weekend Warrior and while I did pull it home, I realized I would have to do a few things to the truck before I head to the Carolina"s. First thing is my McGauly lowering can't handle any weight at all!! So I did buy some helper bags through a buddy that customizes lowered trucks. So I'm comfortable knowing that will be fine...because it sank the Titan! Tongue weight is a little bit of a concern at 920lbs, but I did buy the leveling/weight distribution/anti-sway hitch for the titan knowing it will need it. Since I had two (2!!!) exhaust manifold leaks, I put on the Stillen lt headers in hopes of a little better performance and to get rid of the exhaust leaks. Besides the K&N air filter, is there any thing else that will help with performance??? I have faith that it will tow just fine, and I'm in NO hurry to get anywhere anymore, so a slow trip is alright by me. Any advice would be appreciated guys!

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts