Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about this time last year my truck started running bad check engine light came on and all of this at the same time, it would lunge when i let off the gas, temp gauge wouldn't work right sometimes it would bounce around other times it wouldn't move at all, remote start wouldn't work, backup alarm quit working and idle would be high. Took to a local mechanic with diagnostic equipment. He took several days to get to it and when he finally had time to look at it the battery was dead. He installed a new battery and it ran fine again. Ran great all spring, summer and fall. Now all the sudden its acting up again. Only way it will start is if I'm giving it gas then it idles bad then dies. Truck has 73,000 miles on it. Engine codes are.

P0118 =Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Circuit High

P0183 = Fuel Temperature Sensor Circuit High Input

P0113 = Intake Air Temperature Sensor Circuit High

P0181 = Fuel Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

Any ideas on what the problem could be? I'm a mechanic but me trouble shooting skills suck lol plus other than a cheap code reader i don't have any diagnostic tools. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
976 Posts
A DIY mechanic with only a cheap diagnostic tool has really no chance at all. Take it to a Nissan dealer and pay the diagnostic fee or have them fix it. Better than taking guesses over the internet.

·
Registered
976 Posts
OK- good luck with that. But the four codes you listed are not common ones, and in tandem, will be extremely rare. I'd suggest going through my truck carefully and check the grounds first, and than the critical connections to make sure that's not the cause.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My 02 dodge did this same thing.

It’s probably electrical as that is what mine was. Check grounds. Check battery connections.

Check the alternator.

We ended up replacing my alternator and the entire wiring for the battery. Problem went away for me.

Go see your local dealership or a better mechanic.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Auto zone will scan and tell you what the most likely problem is. Take it to them if you have one near you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
So you got bit by the crappy exhaust connections rusting apart. The heat leaks and fry’s the wires. A known issue with the Titan 1st gen. A lesson learned that all first Gen owners should keep an eye on their exhaust rusting out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
After a week at the dealer...$$$... they found out that the exhaust fried the wiring harness on the frame above the rear axle. Thank god I didn’t replace the sensors or the computer. Hopefully this helps someone else save money
What was the fix (replace the wiring harness?) and the cost? My 2004 just flashed the P0181 code today and it doesn't seem to be a very common code so not much information out there. Appreciate any additional information you have to share. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts