Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an 08.5 Titan CC that I loved but decided I didn't need all that seating and needed a 4x4. Had a hard time finding a KC 4x4, so I ended up buying an '07 Tundra Regular Cab 4x4. I've been happy with it, but I still like the Titan a lot and can't see a good reason to spend $2k more on a similarly equipped Tundra. I would just keep the Tundra but my wife and I are expecting our first child and I need some back seats.

I'm thinking about getting a 2011 Titan King Cab 4x4. I currently have a quote on a really basic S trim level model that is about $6500 off MSRP and that is including the $3500 rebate. Is this what I should expect or are there better deals to be had? I'm also wondering if current gas prices and soft Titan sales will result in a bigger rebate for April.

·
Registered
869 Posts
You'll be kicking yourself if you don't at least seriously look at the SV.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
The baby seats rear facing do not fit well in the kings. I purchased a king in 06 and took it back the next day. I ended up getting a 07 SE crew for my 3 kids and I have a 2011 Pro4x now. How much are you getting the Titan for after rebates? I got about 10k off with only 2500 rebate at the time but I used my usaa discount.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i got mine from cronic nissan in i think hampton ga. they were great. i never stepped foot on the dealership. did everything over the phone. they went and got the truck from savannah cause they didnt have any pro-4x's. after we agreed on a price over 9000 off msrp they drove it up to the house. i highly recommend them.

edit: they are in griffen ga

·
Registered
34 Posts
got my 2011 CC Pro-4X decked out for 10K off msrp here in KCMO. the deals are out there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the only option on the KC S model that I got a quote for was the tow package. I don't really need or want a lot of options. I would like keyless entry, but that isn't a necessity. As long as it is 4x4 with bench front seat and has back seats, I'll be happy. I actually would rather have the rubber type flooring since we have two dogs that go with us on beach vacations and I think it'll be a benefit with a child and its potential spills/messes. don't mind the cheap steel wheels since I can change them out later. The quote I got was for $24,900 for the KC and it would be $26,900 for a crew cab. After having a Titan crew cab, I would rather have the longer bed and smaller cab of the KC.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well, the only option on the KC S model that I got a quote for was the tow package. I don't really need or want a lot of options. I would like keyless entry, but that isn't a necessity. As long as it is 4x4 with bench front seat and has back seats, I'll be happy. I actually would rather have the rubber type flooring since we have two dogs that go with us on beach vacations and I think it'll be a benefit with a child and its potential spills/messes. don't mind the cheap steel wheels since I can change them out later. The quote I got was for $24,900 for the KC and it would be $26,900 for a crew cab. After having a Titan crew cab, I would rather have the longer bed and smaller cab of the KC.
Nissan makes things so confusing it says on a S mode you can get
Class IV tow hitch receiver and 7-pin wiring harness Trailer brake controller pre-wiring under instrument panel but you will notice no mention of lower gears and under CAPACITIES on nissanusa.com jt states max tow is 7400 lbs and the lower gears are not an option. then if go to built it say tow package and it Includes Tow Hitch Receiver, Trailer Hitch Relay and Trailer Tow Brake Jumper Sub-harness but you have to drop the S popular pachage I dont get it.

keyless entry is not available on King cab, because it does not come with Power windows or locks.

anyway when I bought my 08.5 I got 8k off sticker..good luck with your purchase

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not expecting keyless...just wouldn't mind having it. They didn't say it came with tow mode, just a tow package...which is basically just a hitch for the S trim level. Might get a quote for an SV trim 4x4 just for comparison. I'm just wondering if the prices I'm getting are good or if they're a little high.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'm in Canada so it likely doesn't mean anything but I got my '11 SV at just under 14K under sticker.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Had manual windows and locks once and will not do it again. Its not bad reaching across a hardbody to lock the door but my titan is a bit too wide for all that mess. GO sv and if you cant afford it get a 08-10 that way you can afford one you want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For what its worth...

In July 2010 I traded my 2008.5 SE for a 2010 LE... I got a check for what NADA and KBB said was the trade in amount (so I could buy other toys, naturally), and I got $10,500 off the new LE plus 3.5%.

I didn't get a steal, but a pretty fair deal.

SHOP AROUND, AND BE PATIENT... I SUSPECT YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THE DEALER'S CURRENT OFFER.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got my '08 crew cab, long bed with tow package, bed package, 6 disc changer, and steering wheel controls for $26k so that seems high to me for a basic extra cab. But mine is only 2wd so I guess that counts for an extra $4k.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts