Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to the auto parts store to pick up a few things. I was sitting at a stop light, notice this bright blue color out of the corner of my eye. Look over, its some kid a new WRX with all the windows down. Light turns green I go easy to see what he wants to do, he jumped 1/2 a length then I punched it. I was pulling up on him, then when he shifted I flew past him, then in his 2nd gear, I just continued to pull a couple lengths on him. Then shut it down. Then I slowed to 50 and let him catch up, I let him get the hit again, and again, I walked passed him by about 3 lengths. Rolled the window down and we gave each other thumbs up....First real kill in the new car!

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Well that didn't take long....congrats.

Reactions: O-FiveCC

·
Premium Member
76,964 Posts
LOL, thanks.....On the way back from MO, I had like 5 trucks try to race me in the first 3 hours. The car makes people itchy to run I guess
To those silly enough to think they can hang in a truck....:lol:
I wouldn't. I know the outcome of that.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Good kill man! Hhaa when i first saw this I didnt see your name and I was like there is no way in hell someone in a T beat one haha..

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, i looked them up. I'm actually not 100% sure it was a 2011...I know it was a new body style, not the boxy old style. I see the 2011 runs 13.8 at 98? Not as fast as i thought. I think the 2010 where mid 13's? Not sure which it was, I do know the kid could not shift lol

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Nice dude!! With a good driver from a dig, they could prolly take you 1st and 2nd, but you'll catch them by the top of your 2nd gear. Don't get too itchy with power mods just yet as your weakness is that craptastic 4L60E and the IRS. Get those beefed up and stick a healthy cam with a FAST intake......then you'll be having REAL fun!!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
yeah you will have a lot of kill stories in that ride!! everyone always wants to race when they see a sports car next to them. I use to have a 99 camaro w/ mod work and had people always doing it. It gets old after awhile though. But congrats on the kill, and an awsome car!!!! welcome to the ls1 family

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ls2..but close lol...and thank you

Yeah TT08, actually, I need to get a stall in it pretty quick. He didn't do bad in first gear. It wasn't like I was flying past him, i was slowly pulling, until he shifted. Which tells me he couldn't shift for crap lol. Even once he was in second though, that is when the pull was pretty serious. The second race, it may have been more then 3 lengths, but I don't want to get carried away. The 3 lenghts is conservative though lol....I know they can be serious car though. It look slike stock they are about as fast as my truck was NA

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
LOL, i looked them up. I'm actually not 100% sure it was a 2011...I know it was a new body style, not the boxy old style. I see the 2011 runs 13.8 at 98? Not as fast as i thought. I think the 2010 where mid 13's? Not sure which it was, I do know the kid could not shift lol
there are bone stock 09 wrx's (new motor with 265 hp) running 12.9. I don't know what kind of planet alignment happened but the guy has timeslips to prove it.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
Yep, the 08 was when they released it and everyone was like.. meh @ that pos. So they gave it more horsepower and stiffened the suspension in 09. And all of a sudden it was a different beast.

the 09 model is 13.5 @ 101 stock. It actually has a faster 1/4 mile than the stock wrx sti does lol.

PS: not arguing you didn't smoke him, but they are impressive machines nowadays.

I'm waiting for my buddy with an 09 sti to get his custom tune and downpipe. It's scary how much power he's going to be making with just downpipe exhaust and a custom tune.

He dyno'd 248 whp stock, and he's going to end up around 340 whp after his downpipe and tune...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Good kill! those new wrx are actually pretty mean.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts