Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this morning I noticed when I click on my high beams, the dash light comes on, fog lights turn off, but stays on low beams. Once at work I pulled up to the dumpster to test. Same result. Also, the daytime running lights are off. Anyone have this problem? Also it’s Canadian so I know it has a DRL module. Where should I start? The bulbs are maybe 1.5yrs old Phillips Crystal Vision. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Start with the bulbs. Easiest thing. If those work check voltage at the plugs going into the bulbs. Then work backwards to fuses/relays. Very likely your bulbs are dead. I never got any of the Phillips bulbs to live longer than 1-2 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aaaaah yes. Checked my bulbs on my break. Both nice and smokey (blown). My only concern is I’ve never had both bulbs go exactly at the same time and did something else cause both to blow. Common like that? And yes the bulbs’ lifetime falls in the parameters you said. About 2yrs.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
It happens. On my wife's Mazda 6 both low beams blew at the same time. If you've got the money, I've been really impressed with retrosolutions LED's. Think I'm up to around 8 sets of them by now among several vehicles. I've the ones in my truck for over 4 years, and they're still going strong.

They are/were a sponsor on here so you might be able to get a coupon code. https://retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?Super_Bright_LED_Headlamps-pid2154.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sick. I’ll check them out. How are they in the Titan housings? I’ve had a bunch of led bulbs in other vehicles. I get slightly bugged when there’s dark spots in the housing when you look at it because of the leds usual placement of bulbs on the sides of the stalks. It’s a tough call for me too because I like how halogens send the beam out, over leds which kind of seem to just illuminate everything. BUT, I love the minimal power draw of leds.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
My version (like 3-4 generations old) have definite spots where the beams hit the road like halogens, but they do throw more light out around. Nothing compared to HID's. Make sure the diodes are aiming up/down when you lock them in place in the housing otherwise the beam pattern will be off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts