Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stereo install was easy but it came with a backup camera I'd like to add on. I want to do it without drilling but can't find any grommets/plugs on the interior. My first thought was behind the brake pedal and then I saw a video with a plug under the driver's seat that mine didn't have.

Any and all help would be appreciated and I look forward to posting results when it's done.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Should be able to get under your dash and look for where wiring enters the firewall. Stuck your head under there with a strong flashlight.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
I figure, you may as well use existing wiring passages. That's what I've always done.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
14 Posts
For my 2012 I got some of that plastic wire conduit and ran that threw where the hood release cable goes threw. Now ever time I run wire I just put it in there. Hope this helps.

Joshua

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
369 Posts
Also you can run the wiring through the cab, under carpet and door sills to behind the rear seat. There is a rubber grommet behind each rear seat. Just pull the carpet from the back of the cab down and you should see them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For my 2012 I got some of that plastic wire conduit and ran that threw where the hood release cable goes threw. Now ever time I run wire I just put it in there. Hope this helps.

Joshua
I wish I would've seen this earlier but it's exactly what I ended up doing. Everything is all good and wires all tied up.

Thank you all and Sean I'm going to look for those grommets under the rear seats tomorrow because that would've been super convenient.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts