Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im curious about the brake upgrade options from stock for the 2012 Titan SV. The last time I did brakes, I just went with a conventional rotor and pads. Nothing fancy. After a couple years of running on these brakes, the truck stops like crap. It stops, but not well and not quickly enough. There's no scraping or anything like that, but it feels like it could stop better.

From what Ive read and worked with in the past, it seems like a first choice would be stainless steel braided caliper line, slotted/drilled rotors, and ceramic pads. Is it worth considering a larger caliper for additional stopping power? If so, what options are available, without getting too crazy expensive? Anything factory?

Ive also read that there was a bigger caliper installed on the 2008-2015 (or thereabouts - Gen 2 Titans are 2016+ if I remember correctly). With this upgrade, does anyone know exactly what changed? My understanding is the calipers are bigger. Did the number of pistons change? Are the pistons bigger? Bigger rotors, as well? I'd like to understand more about what changed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts