Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2004 but the wife keeps bugging me that she wants a new truck and I want to know how happy have you guys been with the pro-4x. how many issues have you had what problems have occurred. I'm only asking because everyone knows of the rear diff blowing on the first gen and the manifolds cracking. fan problems ipdm failing the list goes on. do all these issues get fixed with the newer gens. I don't want to have to go through all of this again. we are debating between a pro 4x or sierra Denali. any input would be very appreciated

·
Registered
90 Posts
My 2015 has been great, of course it is only about 2 months old, but still. Only issue is with the aftermarket remote start not shutting the auto headlights off.

Ian

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
2013 Pro-4X and the nav went out but it was covered by warranty. Other than that, only 24k miles so far and probably the best bang for your buck if your not into all the bling and whistles that the big three offer. Simple and affordable.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Love my 2013 Pro4x.
I have very low mileage though, only 12,000KM (7500 Miles)

But it's been rock solid thus far.
There are some "imperfections" in the build of my truck, but they are so
minor I don't care. (screw loose here, wrinkle in trim there) kind of stuff.

My past vehicles (one a compact chevy truck, and one a small hatch hyundai) all had warranty issues in the first 6 months, regardless of mileage.

One of the best parts of owning a Titan is the site you are reading this on. :D

·
Registered
958 Posts
The manifolds are the same and they have not corrected the problem . Its the same part number as it has always been so you can look forward to replacing manifolds at some point on any titan regardless of year. I got headers and couldnt be happier with my truck

Reactions: Omarr

·
Registered
137 Posts
i have a 13 with 43,000 kms been very happy with it except gas consumption but i bought a beater civic for that :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
The manifolds are the same and they have not corrected the problem . Its the same part number as it has always been so you can look forward to replacing manifolds at some point on any titan regardless of year. I got headers and couldnt be happier with my truck
It's funny how everyone freaks out about this so much but if you look up cracked manifolds on the big 3 you'll find basically the exact same problem.... Toyota isn't exempt either. Unfortunately it happens with modern cars, I chalk it up to emissions. With the cat's closer to the engine causing more heat build up. Then add that they have mostly ditched cast iron manifolds in favor of lighter weight and more efficient but thinner and more fragile tubular style manifolds. You just have something that is inevitable to fail.

Reactions: Omarr

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's funny how everyone freaks out about this so much but if you look up cracked manifolds on the big 3 you'll find basically the exact same problem.... Toyota isn't exempt either. Unfortunately it happens with modern cars, I chalk it up to emissions. With the cat's closer to the engine causing more heat build up. Then add that they have mostly ditched cast iron manifolds in favor of lighter weight and more efficient but thinner and more fragile tubular style manifolds. You just have something that is inevitable to fail.
This is true, all of our work trucks have needed new manifolds (mostly ford and gm). Of course we hit 100K miles in about 18 months, and typically we'd see manifold rotted off (not cracked) on at least half the fleet. I think the newer trucks are better, but my current one has a definite manifold leak as we speak (f250 with the 5.4). To be fair it's the oldest truck in the fleet right now, but I refuse to give it up for fear of being stuck in one of the death trap vans.

Ian

·
Registered
126 Posts
2014 Pro with 24000 miles or so. Back windows are crazy slow but someone on here had a potential fix for that I have not yet attempted. Mileage with the Airaid MXP has been consistent at 15mpg at Denver altitude. Fluctuates a little here and there but pretty stable. Transmission is a little annoying and always seems to be in just the wrong gear on the slightest little incline. I know it's for mileage but damn it is annoying. Pedal feel is what it is. My Pops' in Dallas has a two wheel drive that seems like a rocket in comparison. Definitive difference in oxygen and amount of torque on demand. Creature comforts have not failed. Not sure about the manifold problems yet...fingers crossed. Not rattling and falling apart yet so I am happy with it. Would love to have the QX power output so it could compare with the other half tons.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
My 2013 Pro-4X has 33K miles on it & is mildly modified (bumpers, sliders, intake, cat back, bilsteins). A real fun & comfy ride!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Love the 2013, bought it with 80,000 K's and have put another big pile on. I have driven a ton of other trucks and this one was my first real venture outside of the big 3 and l love the fact that it drives like a truck and not a big car.

·
Registered
395 Posts
2015 Pro-4X with 2k miles. Perfect. Paint quality is better than what was on my 2014. Door jam seals and tailgate alignment is better. Fuel mileage is a consistent 2 mpg better (16 in town, 19 highway-I drive slow:big_grin:) than my 2014. I only paid 35K and change. Just an awesome truck (mechanically) for the money. I also dig the "no frills" interior vs. having all the technology stuff that the newer design trucks have. I drove a Serria with the 6.2. That was one badass truck. SLT with all the goodies, as that was the only way you could get the 6.2 non-Denail trim. It also had a badass price-49K and change. The 6.2 is a beast engine, but not 14K more worth it vs the Titans VK. The Titans VK56DE has it all over GM's 5.3, so the 6.2 was the only engine I was considering. It may be the "oldest" truck out there design wise, but I really like it. It's also nice driving something you just don't see all the time:big_grin:

·
Registered
257 Posts
OH, OH ,OH , I gots 406 kilometers on mine and so far I love it!
I found a dent in the hood, no marks on it at all so it was painted dented
and i put a scratch in it last weekend and i'm not ashamed to say I teared up!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good to see the positive feedbacks. Just traded my '06 King cab off-road (pro-4x wasn't around those days yet) for a '15 pro-4x. Got a steal of a deal, granted I only had 49k on mine and looked and drove like new. Dealer had to find one for me 500 miles away so don't have it yet. But looking forward to the new one. Loved how the old one towed my 26' TT and sure the new one will pull the same. Really thought I was going to go F-150 this go around but at the end of the day the price difference couldn't be beat and I really did like my Titan. Yeah design wise it's long in the tooth but it does what I need and does it well. Crossing my fingers that the '15 will be as reliable as my '06.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Im closing in on 1000 Km's and I can't help but think this truck is a lot quieter, but must just be in my head. I just do t hear the motor like I did in my 11.
So far love this truck an the ride is amazing with the lift over the 11 with bils.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts