Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought the truck 190k miles, what all should I replace I’d like to just do it all at once. Upper control arms, ball joints, lower control arms should I replace the sway bars when I put kyb shocks in the back and kyb struts in the front? Thanks for any advice

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just bought the truck 190k miles, what all should I replace I’d like to just do it all at once. Upper control arms, ball joints, lower control arms should I replace the sway bars when I put kyb shocks in the back and kyb struts in the front? Thanks for any advice
Hey man funny thing, I have the exact same truck as you in metallic blue... 🤣😂 On to the topic. I would get the RC 6 inch lift with the 2.0 struts and shocks.... It is.... Simply amazing. You will not regret it, plus it will beef up your truck a lot and make it look like a mans truck. Takes a little while to get everything the way it needs to be. Next I would upgrade with some prg long rod outer tie rods and maybe even go as far as some prg sway bar mounts and end links. Your truck will drive like a Cadillac. Just ask me she is a tank! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
47 Posts
One more thing. For the upper control arms, I would go with dirt king absolutely the best solid.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
So you have some options. Since you're a 2wd, I suspect you're not wanting to lift the truck, but maybe you are. If so, you have the options listed above, along with a number of other possible options which would be good. If you just want to keep it stock but refresh everything, the easy path is to buy good replacement lower control arms and either the upper ball joint, or the upper control arm. I'd probably replace the entire UCA just to get new bushings and ball joint. About as cheap and way easier than trying to get the old bushings/ball joints out and new in. The KYB shocks will likely be good and solve any bouncing. No need to replace the sway bar, but the sway bar bushings are cheap and easy to replace, and I'd consider the sway bar links, also, just to get fresh/new/tight all over the front end.

Since you're a 2013, just inspect your rear suspension for corrosion and if it looks bad, replace parts as warranted. My 2011 shackles, springs, and u-bolts all look near new, but I'm not in a snow/road salt state, and you may be.

Beyond that, it appears you have an oil or grease leak near the top of your spindle - likely the ball joint. Clean everything and re-check after you replace components. Oh, and if it were me, I'd be looking at Moog brand parts for stock replacements.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey man funny thing, I have the exact same truck as you in metallic blue... 🤣😂 On to the topic. I would get the RC 6 inch lift with the 2.0 struts and shocks.... It is.... Simply amazing. You will not regret it, plus it will beef up your truck a lot and make it look like a mans truck. Takes a little while to get everything the way it needs to be. Next I would upgrade with some prg long rod outer tie rods and maybe even go as far as some prg sway bar mounts and end links. Your truck will drive like a Cadillac. Just ask me she is a tank! Hope this helps!
Thanks man, it’s a 2wd and I have a 2 year old and a 65 yo little mom so I think I’m actually gonna get drop shackles for the back and leave the front stock. I’ve had many lifted trucks over the years and loved them but this is just my get around town truck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you have some options. Since you're a 2wd, I suspect you're not wanting to lift the truck, but maybe you are. If so, you have the options listed above, along with a number of other possible options which would be good. If you just want to keep it stock but refresh everything, the easy path is to buy good replacement lower control arms and either the upper ball joint, or the upper control arm. I'd probably replace the entire UCA just to get new bushings and ball joint. About as cheap and way easier than trying to get the old bushings/ball joints out and new in. The KYB shocks will likely be good and solve any bouncing. No need to replace the sway bar, but the sway bar bushings are cheap and easy to replace, and I'd consider the sway bar links, also, just to get fresh/new/tight all over the front end.

Since you're a 2013, just inspect your rear suspension for corrosion and if it looks bad, replace parts as warranted. My 2011 shackles, springs, and u-bolts all look near new, but I'm not in a snow/road salt state, and you may be.

Beyond that, it appears you have an oil or grease leak near the top of your spindle - likely the ball joint. Clean everything and re-check after you replace components. Oh, and if it were me, I'd be looking at Moog brand parts for stock replacements.
Yes sir! Ended up ordering this stuff on Sunday night and gonna just replace everything plus shackles and all the air filters. Changed the rear dif and trans fluid as well as oil and filter yesterday!

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes sir! Ended up ordering this stuff on Sunday night and gonna just replace everything plus shackles and all the air filters. Changed the rear dif and trans fluid as well as oil and filter yesterday!
Hey tell me how replacing those inner steering rods works out! I will be putting full heim steering soon so I would love to know!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts