Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been looking around at newer Titans recently, as soon as I got inside of a 2014 I saw the updated center radio bezel. I am wondering if there is any way to swap it in a 2008. In my truck the bezel around the radio is cracked, so I have been wanting to resurface it and repair it. But then noticed the new bezel and loved it. I think its a great way to update the interior of the older Titans! I am gonna give a call to Nissan Parts tomorrow to see what it would cost me. I work at a local audio shop and we can usually get some good prices on this stuff. It looks like I will have to buy both the new radio face and the bezel that surrounds it as there is a hump that is where the center speaker would be. Attached are some random pictures I found on google.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm also interested in doing this too if its a plug and play kind of thing
I'm not sure how plug and play it will be, especially with the stereo. Like if you have the manual ac knows you will have to unscrew that from the bezel it is on now and put it on the new one as I don't think the Digital is a direct plug and play. But if it is that would be a huge plus too!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I've been told you're not able to swap them. If you find out something different we'd definitely love to see a write up. Been wanting a new radio with backup camera, but don't want to lose my TPMS.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay called Nissan and they needed a vin number to go off of to give me pricing. Might go in later this week and see what I can find out. Might have to grab the vin off of a vehicle they have there if they have the right model in stock. I'll keep you guys updated!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been told you're not able to swap them. If you find out something different we'd definitely love to see a write up. Been wanting a new radio with backup camera, but don't want to lose my TPMS.
Yeah I'm not sure if the radio will swap. I'll be using an aftermarket radio on mine so I won't be attempting to swap the radio. I'm really just wanting the look of the newer 2013+ Titans.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You can order the parts from Tasca or coursityparts.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can order the parts from Tasca or coursityparts.
yeah whenever I pull it up on courtesy parts it shows the panel but theres no exact pictures of what it is and I don't want to drop almost 500$ without knowing its the exact parts I'm looking for...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update~

Found a vin on a craigslist add that has the parts I'm looking for. So far with using that vin on Courtesy parts its 335$ for the Bezel that has the AC vents and such. Then 193$ for the radio surround. So I will try and call the local Nissan parts department tomorrow and see what they can get me for pricing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update~

Called Nissan again with a Vin and they said it was over 600$ for the surround with AC vents and nearly 400 for the radio surround... That's never gonna happen. There's another member on here that I'll likely be buying the parts from. I'll keep you guys updated on this

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know I'm late to the party, but I have a 2011 with digital controls and factory nav. I've already swapped out the original headunit with a pioneer unit and using a metra bezel, but I still have the old ugly nav screen there not really functioning. Would it be possible to just pull out the current stereo surround and swap it with a 2015 and just move everything up into a 2015 factory bezel with a metra mount kit? Looks like the 2015 bezel has some sort of change or phone holder area and raises up the screen. Would everything else from my setup be plug and play?
The look of the 2013-2015 looks much better to me and also puts the stereo in better eyesight range.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I don't know when they changed the head units. Are you saying you had one like the first picture? I don't think it'll fit the newer style bezel because there are cross members behind the radio that would block it being up so high. I just changed mine from nav to non-nav with a Pioneer HU, and I had to cram it in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trim it, it will fit. I put this in my 04.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, exactly what I wanna do. Is there anything I should expect to be different or parts needed besides the outside surround, main bezel, mounting kit? I already have an aftermarket pioneer HU wired up, but my original nav screen is stuck on the diagnostics menu showing 11MPG and stuck at 6PM lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Think so. Whatever keeps a radio from sliding back cut it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am in the middle of doing this swap. Was your climate control plug and play? The plugs are same, but my new unit did not come on. It might be dead.

Did you get your hazards to work? The switches between the two are totally different.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am going to try to write up a thread on this, but there are several differences between the two bezels.

The radio wiring needs to be modified, but that was simple, just need to make a an adapter harness like any radio. I am still in the process of figuring out the steering wheel controls.

At least one of the 12v outlet wiring needs to be lengthened. And it either the new plug used or your old outlet swapped over.

The 4x4 switch plug is different in the 08+ from the 07-and before. The wires are the same, but you cannot move the pins from one to the other, they are not the same size.

If you have dual climate control, there does not seem to be a place to put the air temp sensor in the bezel. This might need to find a new home in the footwell.

The hazard switch needs the 4 wires moved from the old plug to the new one.

If you do the 2013+ bezel, like has been said, you need to remove the plastic brace up near the speaker to allow the radio to slide in. Its thin plastic, so you can use tin sheers pretty easily.

The bottom holes on the bezel to screw it to the dash do not seem to line up with the old holes, but that does not seem to be an issue, the bezel is held in place at several locations.

I will note more differences as I find them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts