Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am in the middle of doing this swap. Was your climate control plug and play? The plugs are same, but my new unit did not come on. It might be dead.

Did you get your hazards to work? The switches between the two are totally different.
No you will have to repin the climate control wires. Hazards you will need to wire the new switch. Airbag light I just t tapped the wires from the existing harness to the new harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I figured out the hazards. The new and old both only use the 4 wires, even though the pre-08 hazard plug has way more pins. Also confused me since there are a couple plugs from the pre-08 harness that fit into the post-08 harzard switch. But just needed to match the wires to the pigtail I had.

When you wired in your old hvac wiring to the new plug, did you just need to match all the colors? Or what did you do to match the wires up? I am surprised by this, since the plugs look exactly the same.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Should be a pin out diagram somewhere earlier in the thread.

I searched up through the thread and could not find any mention of a pin out diagram or a link to another thread. If you could provide me with any information or a link, I would really appreciate it. Turns out that rearranging the pins inside the harness is really very simple, with avoids any tapping or rewiring. The harness plug comes apart, and if you have a pick you can release the individual pins, and place them into a new slot. I mapped out the 08+ plugs just with the wire colors, but the colors do not look like they match the pre-08 colors, unless some wires are swapped between the two plugs. There are also two pink wires. I would love to match the colors and slot locations up with an actual pin out diagram to make sure I am not mixing up colors and wires.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the dual automatic climate controls, so from what I can tell, my wiring does not seem to match this. However, this is helpful because it shows the wire colors did not change from 2005 to 2014, and the placement of the two pink wire wires has stayed the same, on yours. The order of the pink wires too, also gives me some insight into which wire is which.

·
Registered
14 Posts

The wiring for this is sort of complicated. I ended up pulling the pinouts from my system and the new system from the FSMs for each year and making a spreadsheet of where each wire needs to go. There are lots of different combinations from the old to the new controls, so each person will likely have to make their own. I got everything to mostly work so far. The note at the bottom of your spreadsheet about tying the blower motor request to the ground was a lifesaver.

Did you have any errors with yours, or did you run the self diagnostics? I have an issue with the heat. It blows pretty much full blast heat from 61F-90F, and at 60F its cold. I have malfunctions on both air mix doors, which is likely all related. Everything else seems to work normal.

The pink and yellow wires have me confused. I matched them in pinouts. But in the 08+ it says pink (ground) should have 5v, and pre-08 says V. Yellow says 5v or 0-5v between the two. I am not sure if that causing any errors for the ACTR?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts