Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Nissan Titan SV crew cab 4x4. I need a rear drive shaft pinion seal and front 4x4 shaft pinion seal. I just tried to order it from a local parts store but he said I will need to know what kind of axle?

I’m not mechanical at all but wouldn’t sv crew cab all have the same type of axels? He told me to call Nissan dealer with serial number to find out the type of axel but why would they tell me if I’m not buying parts from them

Also I’m just buying this stuff along with a lower ball joint to eventually sell the truck as it’s no longer needed

Any info greatly appreciated

·
Registered
367 Posts
Axle gear ratio? Are the pinion seals different between the tow package and non tow package Titans?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The parts store told me there’s a difference in models. I put down my vin on autozone.com and got the two parts. Each part has a part nunber. Would this part number be the same at any store/dealer?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
There is only one axle housing and the inky difference between axles is whether or not you have the e-locker as it takes unequal length axles, where the open diff takes equal length axles.

There is no difference one to the next as pinion seals go - at least not within the same year (unless there is some crazy mid-year switch of parts or something, but I think the pinion seal didn't change from 2004-2015).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have no idea but maybe if you put your vin on here and go to the drivetrain section, it will tell you?

Look for an identification tag on the differential. Normally it’s located on the right side (passenger side) on the neck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts