• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2016 Nissan Titan XD without front fender badge vents

After seeing all the mentions of how hideous the front fender badge/vent is. pulled this image up of the titan on mspaint. This is what happened :big_grin:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Much better. I think that Cummins emblem looks like a scab!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Aaaaaaaaand it's a faux vent

Look at the size of that thing....

If I had to choose the cummins C badge would have been better. Much more simple and clean. You don't need a plaque to set this titan apart from the others.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Re: 2016 Nissan Titan XD without front fender badge vents

Might be a perfect spot to mount some light brackets. Or perhaps some popemobile emblems.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Being they are not even real vents, they could at least use stick on emblems instead of the recessed design. Then those who didn't like them could at least de badge them and have nice smooth fenders.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Being they are not even real vents, they could at least use stick on emblems instead of the recessed design. Then those who didn't like them could at least de badge them and have nice smooth fenders.
They won't let that trademark go. I say it is here to stay.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Aaaaaaaaand it's a faux vent

Look at the size of that thing....

If I had to choose the cummins C badge would have been better. Much more simple and clean. You don't need a plaque to set this titan apart from the others.
It was originally a real vent by it actually hurt cooling and performance so they tuned it into a badge. But I do agree, could've gone with a cummins C badge

·
Super Moderator
159,813 Posts
100% true and correct. But we've seen it on the Ram trucks for years without it looking like a Pep Boys stick on vent.

·
Super Moderator
36,667 Posts
They are paying enough for it, or rather they guys that are purchasing it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I dislike the badge but what really turns me off from the truck is those big bulky head lights. Just looks so fat. I think I would've liked it a whole lot more if the head lights were slimmed down a bit.

·
Registered
726 Posts
^^ those things are hideous!

i agree with the head lights comment, and i'll add the grill to that as well. the truck doesn't have a mean look anymore.. looks like it's smiling.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Too bad we don't have some photoshop guru's here, it would be great to see visually what they would have to suggest as the better cummins badge.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Like this? :big_grin:

Actually those skinny lights are just LED running lights the headlights are in the bumper but I agree its ugly.

·
Registered
933 Posts

After seeing all the mentions of how hideous the front fender badge/vent is. pulled this image up of the titan on mspaint. This is what happened :big_grin:
Its 5% less ugly, only 95% left to go. lol
I can't decide what I hate more, the giant dopey headlights and grille or those droopy fender lines.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Its 5% less ugly, only 95% left to go. lol
I can't decide what I hate more, the giant dopey headlights and grille or those droopy fender lines.
It's just too bad to make happen what's seen in the original photo as seen in this thread... it will require some good coin, at least to do it right.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

It's just too bad to make happen what's seen in the original photo as seen in this thread... it will require some good coin, at least to do it right.
So I guess the 5.6L gas engine will have an ugly badge in the same place, proclaiming that it is NOT a diesel. I would hope that the gas engine model would NOT have an ugly badge there. If it does, then I will scratch that model off of my list too. Nissan needs to make smooth fender without any recessed badges!

As always, most vehicles generally morph into something else over the years. Not sure if it will happen before I choose to buy a new truck, but I hope so. Remove the badge, put in a console shifter, and offer it in a King Cab with a 6.5 foot bed. I don't need to tow a 5th wheel, and I want the shorter wheelbase when I am off road.
I have my fingers crossed for the regular 1/2 ton Titan to meet my needs, because this diesel doesn't work for me.
I had my fingers crossed, but now they are not.:frown:

·
Registered
282 Posts
^ I completely agree. They should have gone for a more stealthy look, like instead of having badges scream at you, keep things subtle and not as in your face, BUT i doubt it's something they will change, likely it fits their agenda, we'll just have to like it or look past it.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
^ I completely agree. They should have gone for a more stealthy look, like instead of having badges scream at you, keep things subtle and not as in your face, BUT i doubt it's something they will change, likely it fits their agenda, we'll just have to like it or look past it.
OR, choose to buy something else :frown:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts