• Dislike

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Robkar how are you getting these great HP and TQ numbers. I have most of the general mods. CAI, Headers, Uprev. What else is under that hood just curious. thx..

·
Registered
173 Posts
Re: 2016 Nissan Titan XD without front fender badge vents

I agree 100% less is more... I'm hoping the gasser has the new V8. It has too.
Can you imagine headers and uprev on that beast. I can. If I wanted a F250 I would buy
one. I'm hoping the new non XD has everything accept the Cummins for the high 30's to low 40's. My 2008 with 137K is still running strong though. I plan on waiting at least a year or two so Nissan can work out the bugs, and trust me there will be bugs. Finally I don't like Ford period, but the new Atlas has caught my eye I must admit. time will tell.
Thx for the pic.

·
Super Moderator
36,662 Posts
Robkar how are you getting these great HP and TQ numbers. I have most of the general mods. CAI, Headers, Uprev. What else is under that hood just curious. thx..
Tuning on the dyno is the next step, by a tuner that know's what he is doing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
^^ those things are hideous!

i agree with the head lights comment, and i'll add the grill to that as well. the truck doesn't have a mean look anymore.. looks like it's smiling.
Exactly! That's a great description. They have made what I thought was a very good looking truck that did not look like the others and made it very much a truck that looks like all the others. Just plain old ugly.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Exactly! That's a great description. They have made what I thought was a very good looking truck that did not look like the others and made it very much a truck that looks like all the others. Just plain old ugly.
The fact that it doesn't look like any other trucks is great one and it's ugly elements factor into that, so considering that... ugly is good to that extent.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Considering all the flaws for the 2nd gen titan, ill atleast test drive the new trims...i do agree with what everyone's opinions about the looks, we have all waited this long for, all some major cosmetic disappointments, but I'd still would like to get behind the wheel and tear one up from the dealership. I bought my '04 titan 5 years ago and will drive it to it's grave, till the day the happens I'm still open to want nissan has to offer. My '04 has yet to fail me or leave me stranded. As some of the fellow TT folks has mentioned, give it a few years and see what nissan does to the 2nd gen titan. If in the later 2017, '18 models continue to be rubbish a pre 2014 F150 is in my future.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Considering all the flaws for the 2nd gen titan, ill atleast test drive the new trims...i do agree with what everyone's opinions about the looks, we have all waited this long for, all some major cosmetic disappointments, but I'd still would like to get behind the wheel and tear one up from the dealership. I bought my '04 titan 5 years ago and will drive it to it's grave, till the day the happens I'm still open to want nissan has to offer. My '04 has yet to fail me or leave me stranded. As some of the fellow TT folks has mentioned, give it a few years and see what nissan does to the 2nd gen titan. If in the later 2017, '18 models continue to be rubbish a pre 2014 F150 is in my future.
Yeah test driving one and getting that in person experience is what it's all about. Hopefully Nissan has some test drive events going on across the nation.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts

I'm surprised they didn't have one on display at the Miami Boat Show this past weekend. I think Nissan missed a huge marketing opportunity at that show

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
FWIW, check out the side view of the 2017 Raptor. Do the fender bulges look familiar?? There is even a vent approximatly where the Cummins scab is on the XD.

·
Registered
282 Posts

I'm surprised they didn't have one on display at the Miami Boat Show this past weekend. I think Nissan missed a huge marketing opportunity at that show

Good mention, I hope they at least thought about going to events like that, one thing for sure is they'd have a lot of people interested in it.

Maybe they should hire you to be part of their marketing team :D

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Good mention, I hope they at least thought about going to events like that, one thing for sure is they'd have a lot of people interested in it.

Maybe they should hire you to be part of their marketing team :D

I agree, they should hire me!

The only reason I though of that was the first time I saw the original 04 Titan was at the Orlando Boat Show. It created a huge buzz over the new features not seen in other trucks (180* KC doors, side storage box, etc)..

The Titan XD would be perfect for that 26-31' boat range, which when loaded is right around 9-11K lbs. Not enough to warrant a 3/4 ton for guys who maybe use their boat a few times a month, but pushing the limits for a 1/2 ton

·
Registered
282 Posts
I agree, they should hire me!

The only reason I though of that was the first time I saw the original 04 Titan was at the Orlando Boat Show. It created a huge buzz over the new features not seen in other trucks (180* KC doors, side storage box, etc)..

The Titan XD would be perfect for that 26-31' boat range, which when loaded is right around 9-11K lbs. Not enough to warrant a 3/4 ton for guys who maybe use their boat a few times a month, but pushing the limits for a 1/2 ton

The other way Nissan might look at it is, guys who have their own boats are already the type to seek out information on types of vehicles they can use to tow along with supporting their other needs. So in a way they already have those folks.

But i'd still like to see them target the boat community. At least on a boat industry levels, boat publications will likely be talking about the new Titan.

·
Registered
282 Posts
OMG! It's Great
Great enough that this was your first post on the forum, not bad at all Lol.

Hopefully Nissan listens to consumers like us and make changes where needed. Although it's us saying this about the fender it's not yet that great of a sample size for them to take action on.

·
Banned
319 Posts
Yeah losing the hideous fender badge helps out a lot, but the front snout is the major screw up. Can't fix that. At least for a few years. Come on Nissan! Really??!!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Someone needs to make a color match flush pulg for that emblem

21 - 36 of 36 Posts