Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date of this is 09/04/2019; Mileage is 17,500 miles. Issues with engine in last 2 months. Mostly my truck has been at dealer service center for Turbo Charger replacement and issues following that. Labor day truck lost all acceleration just as I was merging onto busy highway. I was able to pull over to shoulder. It was 96 Degrees and Very sunny though. I left the engine running and looked under the hood and under the truck. Under hood I saw nothing but looking under the truck it looked like Niagara Water Falls coming off Bottom of transmission housing. I assumed it was transmission fluid. I called (thank goodness for cell phones) the Nissan Care number.. was not the easiest thing to do (it was Labor Day weekend though) and they sent a tow truck. I turned off engine since seeing the Water Fall. An hour later the tow truck arrived. Very good service and the wait was understandable even though I was near the outskirts of the city. I was towed to the dealer and service department was closed but sales was open and manager was able to give me a car to drive (very helpful since I had tried to reach out to a rental car company and had no luck.)
What the mechanic at the shop found was not related to the Turbocharger replacement or the transmission this time it was a fuel injector retaining clip that had popped off somehow. I am about ready to take a big loss and trade the truck in.. with less than 18000 miles on it I am fed up waiting for the next failure and afraid to drive the truck anywhere especially any remote areas where I would not have cell phone coverages or ability to contact anyone. And this fuel gushing out of and onto the engine and transmission could have been deadly for me and any occupants I would have had in the truck. I think there should be a safety recall on this trucks due to the engine.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts