Nissan Titan Forum banner

261 - 280 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
After seeing it in person at the D auto show, it's sad. I could go on and on in detail but it just disappoints me more. I read somewhere that the gas version may be ddifferent. .. I really hope that's true. The ford's at the show won me over, by far. Toyota, dodge, chevy, nothing else is even close to my 2005 titan. Maybe if you want a beast of a truck, the Dodge power wagon is bad ***.

Would you tell us a little about what the major problems you saw were?

Insain Fabrication made my bumper

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
The one thing that is always misleading about Ford is that the graph is skewed because it includes sales of F150, F250 and F350. It never states just F150 sales. F250 and F350 sales are far and few between.

However I agree with the rest of the article. The number of consumers in need of a 1/2 ton with a diesel is a very low.

The biggest thing Nissan failed on was advertising for the Titan. This was then followed by bad news spreading around about the weak front and rear differentials. The 3 combined contributed to weak sales.

Even my local Nissan dealer would only inventory 1 or 2 Titans on the lot. I asked him why he doesn't have at least 30 or more trucks on the lot like the Ford dealer across the street. He stated that they have a hard time selling them.

The only way Nissan is going to gain some traction with the new Titan is advertising, better front and rear axles and the gas version needs to have better gas mileage than the big 3. If they don't accomplish this, they are dead in the water like they are now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The one thing that is always misleading about Ford is that the graph is skewed because it includes sales of F150, F250 and F350. It never states just F150 sales. F250 and F350 sales are far and few between.

QUOTE]

Don't know where you live, but we have almost as many 250 & 350 around ,as 150. Every camper has 350 & some 250.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Ford sells a TON of F250-350's. In fact I remember seeing a breakdown of sales and the Super Duty was the top selling HD truck out of the Big 3. Lot's of contractors here run 250's, also landscapers as well. Also, as toyhunt mentioned, RVer's as well. The 150 sells more due to it appealing to a wider sales group, but to say 250/350 sales are few and far between is rediculous.

You'd be surprised about how many people want a 1/2 ton diesel. The problem is, the only current 1/2 ton diesel has the worst payload, middle of the road tow rating and highest price tag in the catagory. Biggest difference between the EcoDiesel and the XD is that the XD will actually have capability. If Nissan prices it right, it will sell very well. Pricing is key. If I have to shell out $6-7,000 over the V8 for the Cummins, it is a no go with diesel prices what they are. Especially if the price puts it squarely in the Big 3 HD Diesel territory. I simply do not tow my travel trailer enough to get the cost per mile back. It would likely still be a hit with businesses that need the capability full time though. It might not hit ecoDiesel mpg, but I bet it does better than the HD diesels.

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey Nissan, if you make this I"ll buy it.

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
hey Nissan, if you make this I"ll buy it.

Looks great to me
I agree if buy one of McSpoon's Titans
Can you put subtle black fender flares on the yellow one? Kinda like the current pro4?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Supposed to say
I would buy one of McSpoon's

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here's your black fender flares. I tweaked the headlights and the bumper grille. What do you think of smaller headlights? Yay? Nay?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Here's your black fender flares. I tweaked the headlights and the bumper grille. What do you think of smaller headlights? Yay? Nay?

Your design is sick
I really like the smaller headlights too.
Nice work. I wonder what the others think. Maybe Nissan is watching.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
TBH those photoshops make it look like a blob and even more generic than it already was critiqued to be. It looks like the current Titan just with smaller headlights and a different grill. Plus like it has been said before, the fron end needs to be larger and longer to fit the Cummins. There was a black photoshop XD that had a hangar background in the picture and that was pretty sweet. Actually if the wheel arches were squared off it would look like a GMC.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
After talking with a few diesel mechanics I know and showingthem the XD, they all agreed that the reason the front end looks so big or snout like is to accomodate all the cooling required. Willing to bet there will be no snout on the non XD.

·
Super Moderator
159,807 Posts
Seems your mechanic friends might have read the press release.

"The profile of the TITAN XD, with its extended front overhang, was actually influenced by the engine, to incorporate the high performance grille, charged air cooler and two-battery installation."

261 - 280 of 317 Posts