Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a longtime fan of Nissan. My last 3 vehicles were Nissan, and my wife's last two vehicles were also Nissan. Her current car is the '98 Maxima that is unstoppable.

I had an Armada that I absolutely loved (except at the gas pump), but it went in the divorce, so I got a '13 Altima.

I need a truck that can tow 6,000 lbs (boat), and wanted a diesel. I also wanted a very comfortable interior. I looked at the Titan XD SL, built one out online with exactly what I wanted (colors, options, etc.), did a 300 mile radius search and found that my local dealer (2 miles away) had it in stock. Worked up what TrueCar.com selling price should be ($49,563 +++), determined what I wanted for trade on my '13 Altima SV w/30k miles, and took it for a lengthy test drive. Beautiful ride, MPG met/exceeded my expectations.

Sticker was $63k +++, dealer said he'd give it to me for $57k - 13k for my trade-in = $44k +++. I then showed him the TrueCar.com pricing quote that this same dealer sent me, scratched out the $57k, wrote in $49,563 - $13k - BUT - while I'm doing this I get a text message from TrueCar.com that said "your dealer just lowered their offer to $49,203". I show the sales guy the text message - with a link directly to the dealer's website - and scratch out $49,563, replacing it with $49,203 - subtract the $13k trade in, and I'm out the door at $36k +++. I also got 1.9% for 72 months on all of it, and lifetime warranty on the powertrain.

The dealership that I worked with was Summerlin Nissan in Ft. Myers.

They sold my trade-in that same day (don't know price) but it appears that everyone was happy all around.

I got the Java Metallic with two-tone beige interior.

I realize that this is a unique duck - in many cases a solution looking for a problem - but I'm not adverse to taking on leading (bleeding?) edge technology. It meets all my needs. I basically have my Armada again, but with a diesel engine, 12,000+ towing capacity, and a REALLY big trunk! :big_grin:

I love Cummins, and am comfortable with this. Time will tell.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have been a longtime fan of Nissan. My last 3 vehicles were Nissan, and my wife's last two vehicles were also Nissan. Her current car is the '98 Maxima that is unstoppable.

I had an Armada that I absolutely loved (except at the gas pump), but it went in the divorce, so I got a '13 Altima.

I need a truck that can tow 6,000 lbs (boat), and wanted a diesel. I also wanted a very comfortable interior. I looked at the Titan XD SL, built one out online with exactly what I wanted (colors, options, etc.), did a 300 mile radius search and found that my local dealer (2 miles away) had it in stock. Worked up what TrueCar.com selling price should be ($49,563 +++), determined what I wanted for trade on my '13 Altima SV w/30k miles, and took it for a lengthy test drive. Beautiful ride, MPG met/exceeded my expectations.

Sticker was $63k +++, dealer said he'd give it to me for $57k - 13k for my trade-in = $44k +++. I then showed him the TrueCar.com pricing quote that this same dealer sent me, scratched out the $57k, wrote in $49,563 - $13k - BUT - while I'm doing this I get a text message from TrueCar.com that said "your dealer just lowered their offer to $49,203". I show the sales guy the text message - with a link directly to the dealer's website - and scratch out $49,563, replacing it with $49,203 - subtract the $13k trade in, and I'm out the door at $36k +++. I also got 1.9% for 72 months on all of it, and lifetime warranty on the powertrain.

The dealership that I worked with was Summerlin Nissan in Ft. Myers.

They sold my trade-in that same day (don't know price) but it appears that everyone was happy all around.

I got the Java Metallic with two-tone beige interior.

I realize that this is a unique duck - in many cases a solution looking for a problem - but I'm not adverse to taking on leading (bleeding?) edge technology. It meets all my needs. I basically have my Armada again, but with a diesel engine, 12,000+ towing capacity, and a REALLY big trunk! :big_grin:

I love Cummins, and am comfortable with this. Time will tell.

So does this sound right ? I see it's a good deal but I can't justify trading in my truck if its not anywhere remotely close to a good deal.

Although $41k sounds good I told him unless I get $20k for my trade it's not even worth my time or effort.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Details on what you're trading in would help.

2010 crew cab SE Big tow package with 79k miles .
Fosgate audio edition
Sunroof
Black interior

Details List
Rcx 6" lift
Bushwhacker fender flares
NFab nerf bars
Xd 778 w/ 35" m/t (9/10 thread)
Pioneer double din w/ blue tooth/navi
Upg pioneer class D mono block amp and 10" subs
OEM brush guard
Depo black housing headlights
42" cree LED light bar
Action Kover tonneau( painted Galaxy black)

I could see if the truck was completely stock, but this is the same thing the dealer does and calls it an off-road upg and charges God knows how much.

So honestly before I take a huge L on my trade in I would ride this truck out until the warrior is released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2010 crew cab SE Big tow package with 79k miles .
Fosgate audio edition
Sunroof
Black interior

Details List
Rcx 6" lift
Bushwhacker fender flares
NFab nerf bars
Xd 778 w/ 35" m/t (9/10 thread)
Pioneer double din w/ blue tooth/navi
Upg pioneer class D mono block amp and 10" subs
OEM brush guard
Depo black housing headlights
42" cree LED light bar
Action Kover tonneau( painted Galaxy black)

I could see if the truck was completely stock, but this is the same thing the dealer does and calls it an off-road upg and charges God knows how much.

So honestly before I take a huge L on my trade in I would ride this truck out until the warrior is released.

Was not able to make an apples-to-apples comparison, but I think the TOP value for your trade-in is going to be in the $16k range. Might get $17-18k in private sale. JMHO.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Was not able to make an apples-to-apples comparison, but I think the TOP value for your trade-in is going to be in the $16k range. Might get $17-18k in private sale. JMHO.

That's why I told him I wouldn't dare accept anything under $19-20k .

My rebuttal to the stealership was I just sold an red alert 06 KC SE big tow package 5 months ago with 110xxxmiles for $15k and that was at a local dealership.

And all it had was a moderate tune , dual magnaflow catback exhaust, chrome monster xd 778 on 33s, and a 4" RC lift kit.

Plus it was sold after one week of online posting .

So I would keep the truck if it boiled down to that.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Don't blame you. Can you sell privately?

I thought about it, still holding my guns ... I'm going to think it over or dump more cash into it and go balls in to finishing my customization project

·
Registered
882 Posts
63k for a sticker price... say that # in your head a couple times. During the height of the foreclosure issues a 3/2 condo, a couple years old could be bought... new truck prices have gone completely insane..

I never thought I'd be the "drive it till the wheels fall off guy"... but if a new set of "wheels" are in the 30-40k range after a trade in... I can not justify dropping that much coin on something that will drop value with every fuel up.

To each their own. If it's used for work/business it can be written off, so that makes sense. But if it's for going back and forth to work... no way in hell!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
63k for a sticker price... say that # in your head a couple times. During the height of the foreclosure issues a 3/2 condo, a couple years old could be bought... new truck prices have gone completely insane..

I never thought I'd be the "drive it till the wheels fall off guy"... but if a new set of "wheels" are in the 30-40k range after a trade in... I can not justify dropping that much coin on something that will drop value with every fuel up.

To each their own. If it's used for work/business it can be written off, so that makes sense. But if it's for going back and forth to work... no way in hell!!

I called my buddy over in Maryland and he literally said the same thing.

I was entertaining the idea to pull a few trailers. whenever we head down south, or possibly keep this truck pass the 10 year mark.

But I've always been a fan of the Cummins setup. It's sort of a one and done kinda thing.

But like you said with a trade in I could see a note for 72 months on $25k but not $40+...

·
Registered
882 Posts
A buddy of mine just got out of his powerstroke for a gasser f150. Here in Florida diesel is more expensive than gas. I know some states diesel is cheaper. Diesels have more expensive maintenance costs, and when parts break they cost major $. Just trying to put it all out there. I'd love to have the potential power output and versatility of a diesel with good fuel economy... but there are some major drawbacks too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So does this sound right ? I see it's a good deal but I can't justify trading in my truck if its not anywhere remotely close to a good deal.

Although $41k sounds good I told him unless I get $20k for my trade it's not even worth my time or effort.

Thanks for teh heads about about truecar, looking into that now. Seems like a pretty good way to buy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to give a updated pricing for the Platinum XD. I just left the lot a couple of weeks ago. It is a 2016 with 35 miles on it in the java metallic for 42,600. The sticker was around 59,000.

To be honest I was planning on waiting another year but the incentive caught me and the fact that my tranny on my f150 was starting act up helped. I recently bought a travel trailer and wanted the diesel for towing. I traveled to Tennessee from Texas this week and now have 2400 miles on it. I have a 100 mile round trip to work each day so the mileage will add up quick. My only complaint that will get fixed with warranty is the leather on steering wheel has started peeling loose in two places. I hope this isnt a common issue for this and they fix it and that is it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts