Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently bought a 2017 pro4x. The mismatched headlight and fog and reverse lights had me agitated as did the yellow interior lights. So first chance I got I upgraded them all. Love the result.

Links to the lights I used:

Reverse:

interior:

Fog:

High beam:

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Recently bought a 2017 pro4x. The mismatched headlight and fog and reverse lights had me agitated as did the yellow interior lights. So first chance I got I upgraded them all. Love the result.

Links to the lights I used:

Reverse:

interior:

Fog:

High beam:
Good looking out. I'm going to start with the fog lights and go from there. I agree the fog lights being a separate color really bothered me. I prefer the fog lights on when I drive as the majority of the roads to my house hardly have any light. Style/safety thing for when others drive my truck (like my wife).

I would assume my 2017 PR has the same headlight projection as yours. Pictures were a bit dark but I would assume all the rest is the same.

I didn't realize about the reverse lights. Fogs 1st.

Quick question: For the fogs, easy to swap? I assume the reverse lights were easy.

Edit: ok I bought 3 of the 4. High beams are my lowest priority.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fogs are the easiest actually. Literally just crawl under the front bumper, one half turn of the bulb and out it comes. Swap the bulbs, then one half turn and you’re done with one side. Repeat.

The highbeams were the least impressive change functionality wise and are also the hardest to change due to their location. The reason the new bulbs not a drastic improvement outside of aesthetics: the new bulbs essentially direct light from the bulb in two directions due to their design. The reflectors in the headlight assembly reflect and direct that light ahead. Not being able to adjust the
two directions this bulb directs the light has resulted in barely any improvement in visibility as much of the light is directed too high to achieve any functional visibility improvements.

I’n going to order a different set of highbeam bulbs that allow you to adjust the light direction and will update here when they arrive Friday.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Fogs are the easiest actually. Literally just crawl under the front bumper, one half turn of the bulb and out it comes. Swap the bulbs, then one half turn and you’re done with one side. Repeat.

The highbeams were the least impressive change functionality wise and are also the hardest to change due to their location. The reason the new bulbs not a drastic improvement outside of aesthetics: the new bulbs essentially direct light from the bulb in two directions due to their design. The reflectors in the headlight assembly reflect and direct that light ahead. Not being able to adjust the
two directions this bulb directs the light has resulted in barely any improvement in visibility as much of the light is directed too high to achieve any functional visibility improvements.

I’n going to order a different set of highbeam bulbs that allow you to adjust the light direction and will update here when they arrive Friday.
My delivery just came in, ill post some photos of mine.

Real quick, I was going to ask because I noticed you dont have the front license plate (im taking my holder off when my CA plate comes), are those holes left just screwable ones.... or did they drill into the bumper? I guess what Im getting at is how noticable are the holes and are they standard ones on Titans or put in by the dealer? I never have a front license plate and would like to minimize as much as i can on the front bumper

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m not sure if they are standard or not, but from the appearance it looks like it was added after the fact. At any rate I kinda plan to have the skid powder coated black at some point and when that happens I’ll probably use something like this to cover the holes:

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-2-Pack-0-5-in-Black-Plastic-Hole-Plug/3109065?cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-ToolsAndHardware-_-Fasteners-_-3109065:Hillman&CAWELAID=&kpid=3109065&CAGPSPN=pla&store_code=2715&k_clickID=36be43dc-3ac3-4cff-af08-8d36158e22c1&gclid=CjwKCAjwma3ZBRBwEiwA-CsblBpfUBHRpG2XFVmFH58ZKWxDmfpB9VLD0Ytxb3q3_MGSQSGt6mwm6RoCixQQAvD_BwE

·
Registered
149 Posts

Looks great. Very bright.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: I ordered an LED set for the high beams that you could roatate and adjust the direction the light is directed within the housing.

Unfortunately, there were no improvements in how the LED performed in the high beam.

So I then put the original halogen in and noted the light dispersement by covering the low beam output with cardboard. It was pretty poor. So my conclusion is that the design of the highbeam housing is just poor and does not direct light very well.

Still the LED looks better if nothing else. Even if functionally it is barely better than stock.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I’m not sure if they are standard or not, but from the appearance it looks like it was added after the fact. At any rate I kinda plan to have the skid powder coated black at some point and when that happens I’ll probably use something like this to cover the holes:

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-2-Pack-0-5-in-Black-Plastic-Hole-Plug/3109065?cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-ToolsAndHardware-_-Fasteners-_-3109065:Hillman&CAWELAID=&kpid=3109065&CAGPSPN=pla&store_code=2715&k_clickID=36be43dc-3ac3-4cff-af08-8d36158e22c1&gclid=CjwKCAjwma3ZBRBwEiwA-CsblBpfUBHRpG2XFVmFH58ZKWxDmfpB9VLD0Ytxb3q3_MGSQSGt6mwm6RoCixQQAvD_BwE
Just looked and mine were factory squares with plastic scew clips for the front bumper which was a relief it . I spent the money and got the bumper clips in my front bumper. Will share pics when they arrive. They are the factory color allegedly. We shall see. Waste of money but only solution I saw that matched factory colors.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I meant to ask. Is there a lot of room for the LED housings? I know some of them can get pretty big with fans in them.
There’s a dust cover you have to remove that could limit you on space for some of the LEDs, but both brands I tried fit fine. In terms of space, the only issue was getting my fingers around the back side of the led so I could rotate the light to lock/unlock it in the housing.

Both brands were wide, but fit in the opening fine. Neither were long enough to obstruct the dust cover.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Update: I ordered an LED set for the high beams that you could roatate and adjust the direction the light is directed within the housing.

Unfortunately, there were no improvements in how the LED performed in the high beam.

So I then put the original halogen in and noted the light dispersement by covering the low beam output with cardboard. It was pretty poor. So my conclusion is that the design of the highbeam housing is just poor and does not direct light very well.

Still the LED looks better if nothing else. Even if functionally it is barely better than stock.

just bought a new set of LED high beams... Whats best way to install them? cant figure out how to get to them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

just bought a new set of LED high beams... Whats best way to install them? cant figure out how to get to them.
You’re going to need to take out a few of the lowest screws holding the plastic wheel well liner in place and peel the liner back. Turn the wheel in/out to get to each side.

Let us know how the lights turn out!

·
Registered
73 Posts

Been meaning to upload this.

https://youtu.be/AHqi-x9qArk

·
Registered
11 Posts
What about low beam? I'd like to change mine to LED, but not sure which one to get. I did change the reverse bulbs to LED. Easy to to. Just open the tailgate, remove two screws. I used plastic auto upholstery tools to get the red lens housing out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how have the lights fared over the last 6 months? I want to make the switch to LED's also, but I'm a bit hesitant with the lesser known brands.
Mine have been great. Love them. I did have a fog light housing randomly get condensation. The seal was good, so idk what caused it. We do have crazy temps in NW FL hot in the day with sudden drops so maybe that played a part. Anyway it hasn’t happened since. Lights have performed great. I even bought my sister some for her Altima and they are going like a champ.

·
Registered
131 Posts
how have the lights fared over the last 6 months? I want to make the switch to LED's also, but I'm a bit hesitant with the lesser known brands.
Mine have been great. Love them. I did have a fog light housing randomly get condensation. The seal was good, so idk what caused it. We do have crazy temps in NW FL hot in the day with sudden drops so maybe that played a part. Anyway it hasn’t happened since. Lights have performed great. I even bought my sister some for her Altima and they are going like a champ.
Thanks! That's good news. I'm going to order the lights today.

I also had condensation inside both front headlamp housings (only had the truck for a few days so far) and will be taking it in to look at.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I ordered the fog lights and high beam lights as suggested by Justin in beginning of this thread. So far so good. Theyve been in about a month now.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts